1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Hour Drink Specials-Willowbrook

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, Aug 21, 2007.

1. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Anyone know of any places that offer cheap drink prices during the week in the Willowbrook and surrounding areas?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Rick's Cabaret

3. surrender

surrender Member

Splendor

Seriously, I live up here and it sucks. Your only options are pretty much sports bars (boring unless there's a football or basketball game on), chain restaurants (although BJ's at least has a fantastic beer selection) and Baker Street (full of douchebags that went to my high school)

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

ain't that the truth.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Molly Maguires on Kuykendahl and 1960.

4 dollar pitchers (foreign or domestic) on Thursday nights. Great jukebox (we like to play side one of 2112 by Rush just to clear the place out), lots of dart-boards and pool tables. Very laid back.

6. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

TGIF used to have a hell of a Happy Hour. I think it was 3-7. Not sure if it is still going on. But honestly, it was pretty dead in there, so if you are going for atmosphere, that is not the place to be.

The Bennigan's near AMC 24 still has a Happy Hour from 3-7, the drinks are cheap there and the beer is very cheap.

Bernie's (www.bernies.bz) has a drink special everyday. Go to the site to see exactly what is on special on each day.

I do think that once Fox and Hound opens up and the smoking ban goes into effect, I think that things might pick up.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

mollies is cool... baker street ****ing blows, cant stand the place or the douchebags that go there.

there used to be a country/texas themed bar right in the mall parking lot that was alright.... cheap beer and live music.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

boudreaux's across 249 from the mall

9. windfern

windfern Member

great food too.. :)

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and not expensive. my friends ex-fiance used to bartend at the one on 610 across from 59 from the galleria. we used to get lit.

11. dskillz

If your friend's fiance was bartending, I would think the tab was subsidized.

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

There used to be a Champps on the other side of Willowbrook which was always dead. They are now turning that into a Fox & Hound. Should be a pretty cool spot for some cold beer, darts and pool.

I just moved to JV, so if anyone wants to hang out at some point - drop me a line.

13. ameet14

ameet14 Member

BJ's Brewhouse has a decent happy hour for food deals. I'm not certain but i think appetizers are half off or something, mini pizzas are 4.50 or so, and its a dollar or two off beers. The have a reverse happy hour from 9-11 too i think.

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Bj's has the 1/2 off mini pizzas too

15. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I'm there all the time. Great food.

16. dskillz

Champps used to be the bomb on Tuesday and Wednesdays with 1.00 pints. It used to be PACKED. I think Wednesday was karaoke night. I think they had half price appetizers. Fox & Hound should provide some good competition, but if it turns into another Baker Street, they can keep it. Not sure what it is about that place, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

BJ's is cool. Good prices and good beer, though it is not exactly a sports hang out. I love sportsbars myself. Though it is a chain, BW3 might be the best in the area. Bernies, though I listed it the place before, is more of a hangout/dive. It is a good hangout, but after 8 or 9 you are greeted with nothing but waiters from Babin's who are full of angst and such.