1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Artest fouled out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buzz1701, Apr 11, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i'm praying every night that ron finally gets a brain when the playoffs start and play within his limits. he seriously struggles mightily when he plays like he thinks he's better than he actually is.

but when he knows his role, he's damn effective.

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I love how people whined that the Rockets season was over when McGrady went down and Alston was traded. How the Rockets were a better team without Yao. Now, Artest has filled McGrady's shoes, Brooks has done more for the Rockets then Alston and Yao is putting up monster numbers and we have idiotic threads celebrating Artest fouling out, ripping Brooks and Yao, I mean my god let it go and get a life.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I thought Artest played a very solid game until he got a bit out of control near the end.

4. RocksMillenium

Those "losers" just destroyed Utah in Utah's building. So maybe those "losers" are playing better then you give them credit for and maybe you don't know anything about basketball and you're just a pain in the @ss whiner who has to find something to b*tch and complain about. Maybe that's the case.

5. RocksMillenium

I'd take that any day over someone who refuses to play up to their potential in a big game like Tracy McGrady. I'd take someone who, allegedly, doesn't have a brain over someone who doesn't have a heart. Especially when that person with heart has instilled a heart and toughness in the Rockets team that we haven't seen in over 10 years.

6. t_mac1

you've seen ron artest played to his potential in a big game? i haven't this year in the REG. SEASON. check his stats.

and last yr's team was one of the toughest teams in the L, according to NBA talkings throughout last season when yao went down. what are you talking about? how can you be soft and withstand so many injuries last yr? and your best player played on 2 injuries that needed surgeries. :rolleyes:

7. RocksMillenium

You know what, you can complain about Artest all you want, I'm guessing that some of the people who are complaining about Artest are upset that he is leading this team to good, maybe great things, despite McGrady being out. The same people ripping him was calling the season over when McGrady went down and Artest proved them wrong. But, at the end of the day, I will take good talent and great heart over great talent and very little heart. I know Artest is going to go all out to get us through the first round and beyond, and I'll take that any day of the week. It doesn't take brains to bust your @ss in the playoffs and try to advance. People need to appreciate the fact that the Rockets wouldn't be where they are right now without Artest busting his butt to fill in for McGrady and making this team tough. The same people celebrating that he fouled out of a game would be acting like idiots if Artest didn't play in the playoffs and the Rockets got ran out of the first round. Then again, these are the same people who said that Alston being traded was the end of the season and that Brooks was backup and Lowry was garbage. I guess we saw how that worked out.

8. t_mac1

artest is going to get us?... that's a big diss to a lot of players on this team, who have experiened major growth spurts. if anything, the growth of scola (he's been our most consistent player) and the bench players are the reason we're so damn good. you put the tmac of last yr on this team (relatively healthy as last yr) and we would go to another level, with or without artest.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If....

That's a Tracy statement for sure.... IFIFIFIF.

Tracys Career=If.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spurs game...

How many doctors did Tracy go to before he found one that would even consider surgery? Why did he tell the fans and not the team?

11. t_mac1

i simply said last yr's team was one of the toughest in recent memories. we withstood a ton with a talent deficit.

12. joesr

joesr Member

replace that bold with Artest and you got a guy doing the same IF not better then Tmac of last year for half the price (even with a new contract it would be half as much). You also got a better leader which has HELPED the development of the newly bench players (alongside Barry) (with exception of Scola who has a lot of playing time) something also Tmac fails to provide.

some argue that Tmac makes his team mates better by providing passes and a most of the time double on him making a guy open. dude I havent noticed a difference since. But what I do notice is a increased in defense man on pressure since Artest arrival. Coincidence? I think not.

well last year wasnt tmac are best player? so with him gone this year shouldnt that make this year are toughest or at least in contrast to last year by default?