1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamilton's impact on Houston's rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets2012, Feb 28, 2014.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He's 6'9 in "NBA height" :p

Per draft express he's 6'8.5" in shoes. Really good size for a wing player. With his rebounding ability, I really don't see a reason to play Casspi. Garcia has better handles but has been awful this year. I wonder if Morey's willing to jeopardize max cap space next year to sign this guy to a long term deal.

2. Muaz

Muaz Member

could someone get like a picture of him standing next to parsons or jones to gauge his height better lolol

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

On the subject of Hamilton's free agency this offseason, how would that work if the Rockets resigned him? How much would he count toward the cap? Whatever he makes next year or his current salary this season?

4. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

I am just an amateur "explorer" of the CBA. All capologists out there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

@count_dough-ku: His future salary will count against the cap. If nobody signs him in UFA, I believe he will have a cap hold of 120% of his salary for this season (that number is because we don't have his Bird rights). Of course, the second alternative is very unlikely.

5. steady

steady Member