1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

halo 2 countdown

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by synergy, Nov 7, 2004.

1. synergy

synergy Member

T-minus 2

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

No doubt, going to be one of the most anticipated games in a long time, the 3 years is going to be worth the wait.

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Do you all have it ordered from somewhere?

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I got a collector's edition reserved at Gamestop from like July 2003. :D

5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Same here :)

6. asusman103

asusman103 Contributing Member

the game is pretty cool....played the french version but only multiplayer...

7. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

how good is this halo game every1 keep talkin about??? i wanna play teh first halo it but i aint finna spend no 200 hundred dollaz just for a xbox and halo i might get the xbox when the price comes down to like maybe a hunnit dollaz *goes back 2 playin gta san andreas*

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I think an xbox is a hunnit n fity

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's *MY* sex-box and her name is Arleene.

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

yea but halo is a fidy, so dat makes two hunded for bote of them.

11. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Got it on preorder from a Gamestop here in Houston. I've played a little bit of the French version (I keep expecting someone to throw down their weapons and surrender) and it seems to play great. Dual wield is very balanced, and the power sword is great for close up combat.

I have to work Monday, but I'm coming straight from work to the Gamestop so I'll be there by midnight to pick up my collector's edition. Then it's 2 vacation days of me and my friends multiplayering and co-oping.

12. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

there will be a halo 3.

not that I've beat the game or anything like that

:)

only question is whether they'll hold it for this xbox or their next console.

13. synergy

synergy Member

i'm getting mine from Compusa with my corporate discount.

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Unless they can make a new game in less than ~1 year, I doubt you'd get it on the Xbox. It would be very probable, IMO, that it would appear on the next-gen console, so that Microsoft can try to start off well next-gen as quick as possible. If they are going to be the 1st next-gen console and most likely the least powerful, they'll need something to keep attracting gamers from any hype that Sony and Nintendo will be putting out.

My only question would be how quickly they can make it. IIRC, this one took like ~3 years or something like that and with the next-gen console being different than the Xbox, it could take longer than that to make Halo 3. (late 2007, early 2008 maybe?) Of course, they could already be working on it with early dev kits for the next console. Last I saw, Bungie didn't want to make another one, but maybe Microsoft has another developer working on it about now. Their best bet may be to try to shoot for a early to mid 2006 release if they can, around the time the PS3 will come out. Maybe they could slow the momentum of Sony going to next-gen.

Of course, that may backfire on them as well. If the new developers suck, it wouldn't help. Plus, all the tech demos of a new GTA on a 25/50 GB disc, CGI from a FF that looks like FF:AC or FF:TSW, etc., may keep buyers from getting the next Xbox console and Halo 3. Unlike last gen, Microsoft won't have the advantage of being the "most powerful console" next-gen.

It probably depends on what games you like. If you ask me, I wouldn't spend $200 just for the Halo series, or really anything the Xbox has to offer, but then again, I don't really have that kind of money to spend. If I did have it though, I'd probably just buy MGS3, GT4, maybe DMC3, and other games.

If you really, really like FPS and you like playing with/against others, it probably wouldn't be a bad purchase. Halo (and probably Halo 2) do offer great time when you're playing multiplayer. In fact, I don't even think I ever really saw 5 minutes of Halo's single player mode when I played it at my friend's house.

If you have a pretty good PC, though, it may also not be bad just to chill with HL2 and some of the other great PC FPS. IMO, the Halo series seems to get overrated a bit, especially if you really try to compare it to the PC shooters. It probably is the best FPS on a console, but I don't think it is even close to being the best on a PC. I would think that HL2 would just mop the floor with it, especially if the mods for it were as good as the last one. Just my opinion though.

As for me, I won't get the game because of some of the aforementioned reasons, but my friend is getting it, so I'll probably check it out at his house. Or at least I'll try to do that. I may still be working as a pimp on GTA at that time.;)

15. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

thnx rc cola u should be workin at one of them video game magazines or something boy u know ur stuff

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Well, only if it's a PS2 magazine.

:D :p

17. RC Cola

Do you really think I'm that I would only be able to work for a PS2-only magazine?!:rolleyes:

I think I could work for a PSP and PS3 magazine as well. :p

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

On the whole, it's rather overrated. The gameplay gets extremely repetitive, especially in the latter stages, and the enemies are pretty much all the same. It's an okay game, but I don't think it deserves even 50% of the hardcore praise that it gets, and it is certainly not worth buying a new system for. Truthfully, I don't even think that it's the best FPS out there.

19. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I've had the French version for almost 2 weeks now. It is my favorite game and think it's the best game ever. It's better than Halo in every way. It will blow your mind!

20. RC Cola

Looks like I'd need a good editor if I were to work for a magazine. I twouldnt waent too screw up adn tipe somethiing wrung. :eek:

Just a FYI, but IGN gave Halo 2 a 9.8 and Gamespot gave it a 9.4. Both sites gave the first one a 9.7. There is a combined 12 pages of comments on the game, so I'll probably read it later, but for you Halo fanatics, you may want to read them.