1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem vs TO?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roswell raygun, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

If they would swap Horry for Fox, reconstituting 60% of the starting lineup of the glory years, I'd be seriously geeking out.

As it is, still pretty fun. I'll watch.

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Wait...

when?!

3. Southern Select

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueZ6tvqhk8U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueZ6tvqhk8U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, and I recall a close friend of Hakeem saying he could probably still play in the NBA, just not at that dominating level. He hasnt been retired that long. Keep an eye on TO, that guys got game, saw him play bball once, he's pretty good. Antonio Gates is good too, played in college. The person I'd rather see then McNabb is Mike Vick. If you recall, when he got booted from the NFL he wanted to play in the NBA.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You are right didn't think of that, but on the playground I would guess more than half the points are fast break points.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It probably depends on how hard they play. When I watched them do a real Pros vs. Joes with Antoine Walker/Horry/Mourning play 3 on 3, the NBAers really didn't try for most of the game. When the game got near the end they just kept feeding Zo down low who seemed to dunk or get fouled every time, but for most of the game they just chucked up outside shots.

Ok, so that was normal basketball strategy by Walker.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

All the nfl players played college ball and TO is well known for playing ball in the entertainment league and during the celeb game during all star weekend

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he never was to begin with, you're slippin' tinman :)

9. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Nth'ed on "What the hell, Rick Fox???"

10. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

All the NBA players are to old. A guy like TO can actually play...plus he still has a lot of his athleticism, he could probably out run all these guys backwards.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

they all played college basketball? News to me

12. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FVaXWuq9wv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FVaXWuq9wv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. KnickandSteel

KnickandSteel Member

I guess nobody has seen what Dream did to Josh Smith 1 on 1 in the post recently. Smith couldn't stop him.....dream was hitting everything. And Josh Smith is 6'10" and way more athletic than McNabb, Owens, and Gates combined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqny1IUa2Wc

14. KnickandSteel

KnickandSteel Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqny1IUa2Wc"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqny1IUa2Wc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It didn't look like either one of them was really trying too hard on D.

Back to the OP :

This has the potential to be embarrassing for Kenny and company if he and Fox show up looking like a couple of donut holes. The last time I saw them, neither looked to be in any kind of shape to last too long on a basketball court.

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

can we sign him to a 10 day if he looks half way decent? :grin: all we need is some bs and rb.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

[​IMG]

Not this b**** ass....

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

all of the ones mentioned obviously...

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Mcnabb is 6'2, TO is 6'3, and Gates is 6'4, while Kenny is 6'3, Fox is 6'7, and Dream is 6'11. In a half court game it is going to be so hard to make up for those inches even if the NBA players are older. I'm sure all of the NBA guys can still shoot way better than any of the NFL players and outside of Kenny their shots won't be affected nearly as much as they are use to. Also, I don't see how anybody on that NFL team can stop Dream from scoring whenever he really wants to.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

from what I see in the matchups, kenny smith doesn even have to move. ALl they have to do is stick dream in the middle and have Kenny spotting up for the three and its pretty much over