1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem theory

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by B-ball freak, Feb 7, 2001.

1. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but doesn't it seem like Hakeem always comes back like a man possessed after these very public blow-ups? If you remember back in 92 or 93 when the team insinuated that he was faking unjury, it got real ugly until Hakeem and then-owner Charlie Thomas talked it out on an airplane trip. After that, he seemed to put it into another gear from 93 on - a year that many thought he was the MVP. Do you guys think the same is possible this time around? - to a smaller degree of course.

------------------

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Hakeem will probably ride this until the next injury pops up. Seriously, the last time Hakeem was completely healthy was 1999, with Quitten, and I believe he put up 19pts and 10reb. that year. Now, at the time we considered that a major drop off, but if he could get those numbers now...oh baby. 15 and 7 is probably more of a possiblity.

But, injuries will stop any momentum at any given time, for any player, and most likely any team.

------------------
    --Nick

3. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Well, I guess the philly game answered my question! [​IMG]

------------------