1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem poll on ESPN.com (kinda)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shot caller, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

Among Michael Jordan's contemporaries, which of these players is the best?
    Charles Barkley
    Patrick Ewing
    Karl Malone
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Scottie Quitten
    David Robinson
    John Suckton

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

None of those guys dominated like the dream.

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Sickening. Karl Malone is leading Dream. Absolute and total bull****.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I voted an hour later and he's still up. This sucks. BOOO!

4. ThaFranchise33

Yo shot caller,
    I totally agree with you. Of all those people only scottie and DRob won championships like Hakeem. Everyone knows scottie ain't a true team leader. And even though DRob was good, Dream got 2 rings and dominated him in 1995. Hakeem really stands out as the most dominant out of that list.

5. Holden

Holden Member

people have memories of Karl Malone battling MJ down to the wire in two straight NBA Finals.

people dont have any memories of Hakeem matched up against micheal because he was at home and not in the finals..

so, right or wrong, theyll pick Karl Malone. Hes just a closer nemesis i guess.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Well, Malone currently is the best out of that lot simply because he's still playing. They should have asked "which of these players was the best."

I voted for Dream.

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

When asked what Team he wanted to play against more then any other team in a finals, Jordon said the Houston Rockets.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Where and when did he say this? Can you refer me to the article please? I am interested.

Thanks

9. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

I saw this poll as well. I knew Malone would win, even though Malone is not even close to the player Dream was. Without Hakeem, the '94 Rockets probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. He won the championship with the weakest supporting cast I can remember in terms of finals teams. Malone has played with the perfect compliment to his game and hasn't WON anything, he is not a winner he is a great individual player

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hmm Malone didn't get beat down the wire this time. If only on the court... ;)