1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon Working With Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin in Aspen, Colorado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. devin23

devin23 Member

One game where Harden didn't play. Lin did well vs clippers and magic when harden was out again. If you want to say 82 games, lets see how Lin performs without harden in 82 games.

2. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

So multiple flashes. That's a contradiction.

3. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Darn this thread was going well... I don't get why people are so defensive or some people are think that this proves that lin is better...

lin training with Dwight, Dream and Mchale does not mean to prove that he is better than harden... or that he deserves to have the ball more... this only proves that the Rockets organization is really serious about winning this season... lin is your starting point guard and is what you got, whether they like it or not, he needs to gel better with teammates specially with Dwight...

Lin and Harden will share ball handling responsibilities much like last year... I don't see any changes in their role this coming season...

4. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Ideally you want your passing point guard to play point, not your scoring 2-guard. If Lin is inferior to Harden at passing (which I'm not sure he is) then McHale should work extra hard with Lin to help him to improve in that area...and that's what McHale is doing. Were Harden relieved of ball handling and passing duties then maybe he will have more energy and focus to do more, say, on the defensive end.

The last guy whom the Rockets made do everything (include play the point) was a guy named McGrady. Eventually TMac broke down. Let the point guard play the point: give your all-star 2-guard a break.

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

So it looks like Dwight was the one who invited Jeremy. It probably started off with text messages like this:

J: Hey bro, sorry we didn't get to train together in Beijing. I was summoned to some political dinner. Are you in Cali now? Want to hang?
    D: NP dude. I'm in Aspen, gonna start training with coach McHale and Dream tomorrow.
    J: Nice! Have a good time then. I'll catch you later.
    D: Hey listen, you want to join us?
    J: That sounds wonderful! But do you think coach and Dream would mind?
    D: Don't worry about them. My house, my rule!
    J: Sweet! I'll catch the next flight out!
    D: See u later dude.

Next thing you know, Jeremy was stuck in the middle seat of a 3-hour plane ride.

6. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Look moron. You claimed having one perimeter player makes the other redundant. Your the fool for thinking this is even remotely true, as I so eloquently proved to you.

7. Hak34

Hak34 Member

And let me make it very clear, I was a rockets fan when you a were a seed in your daddy's nut sack.

1 person likes this.
  8. steady

steady Member

I know. for some reason, it feels to me too like it was Dwight-initiated. Which is pretty cool, I like it when the team bonds.

9. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

How common?
    May be you want to explain why Beverley cannot flash in the pan like Lin did last season?

10. highlander3128

Huh? I think Morey can be labelled as a fake fan too.

11. kumakun

kumakun Member

is there a discount for NBA league pass if i just want to see one team,the Rockets and no one else? i cant wait till the season starts.

12. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Whaddyou call 16 points with REGGIE JACKSON guarding you???

13. steady

steady Member

I don't think so. Last year there were only 2 levels, all the teams, or only 5 teams.

14. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7">@JLin7</a> yesssir let’s get it</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/378260712612581377">September 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

ABJs faint!

1 person likes this.
  16. highlander3128

All in all, Harden is the superstar of the team and he should do his stuff. No question asked. The point of this thread is we also want to throw Howard and Lin's P&R in the mix to make that much of a variety to make it even harder for the opponents to guard.

Please keep a good thread good.

17. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Lin got 29 points with Health WESTBROOK Guarding him.

This is the level chenjy9 said "flash in pan"

18. steady

steady Member

Yes

And one thing I really like about Harden is that even with being such a totally transcendent player, it doesn't feel like he is a ball hog (like a certain shooting guard in LA). He might have felt forced to take that role last year, but if other good options are presented, I feel like he'd give up stuff for the betterment of the team.

This old NYT profile of Harden back when he was with the Thunder describes that about him, and it's always stayed with me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/27/s...ds-out-and-blends-in.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

1 person likes this.
  19. Reach

Reach Member

A BJ? No thanks.

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I so wholeheartedly agree, it's not even funny. Good post.