1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon Working With Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin in Aspen, Colorado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

harden is great but every rocket fan that watched majority of the games knows the ISO has to stay where it was last year. I still remember the game VS Memphis I went to where Mchale drew up same harden ISO after 3 timeouts and it didn't work. The whole Toyota center was left puzzled & pissed.

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

That's a false distinction. Caring about winning doesn't mean you can't care about anything else; that it's the first goal doesn't make it the only goal.

In any case, both Harden and Lin will be running the PnR with Howard (and presumably with Asik too).

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's good for Lin and all, but Harden is still better. He is not that far behind in passing ability, a far better penetrator, scorer, and shooter.

4. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

If by penetrating you mean drawing fouls then yes.

5. steady

steady Member

Yes, Harden's gotta be happy about that. He's good at throwing those, and there weren't many who were good at converting last year. Wasn't there even one time last year when he threw an alley oop to Lin? :)

6. CCM721

CCM721 Member

He's better no matter what kind of penetrating you are talking about.

7. steady

steady Member

Harden's just on another level, no doubt.

But there is something about Lin. Court visions, orchestrator... I'm not sure what it is . But when he plays well, he does seem to bring out the best in his teammates.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am not denying that Lin has the skill, just that his skill is irrelevant as how often he plays point and mans the PnR depends on how much Harden is already doing it. People need to remember that in basketball, there are 5 players on the court for each team but JUST ONE BASKETBALL. If Harden has is primarily on the perimeter, that means Lin will NOT have it. If Howard has it in the post and is posting up, that means Lin will NOT have it. Unless Harden starts slashing off the ball more or plays off the ball more in general, Lin will not be the PG again but another shooter. Again, this is not a knock on Lin as a player, but rather that he is redundant while Harden is on the court at the same time.

9. steady

steady Member

Hey, I agree with your general point, although redundant is a strong word. : )

But, I think if Lin and Howard develop a good PnR chemistry, there is room for Lin to have some time with the ball. To me, that's an exciting possibility - to make teams have to defend against that, as well as everything that Harden and Howard can throw at them.

10. Hak34

Hak34 Member

I guess having an overall lower shooting percentage than Lin means being a better shooter. Who would of thunk it?

While we are at this....

I guess averaging less assists even though your usage rate was higher and usually controlled running the offense means your a better passer.

I guess being second in the league in turnovers means your the best penetrator ever.

Seriously?

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Silly rabbit... stats only tell you part of the story. If Lin was used as much as Harden, his stats would be much, much worse. Harden is an undeniably better scorer and shooter than Lin. There is no contest there. Harden is also able to penetrate at will unless the D collapses on him. The only thing Lin has on Harden is passing and not by much in my opinion.

12. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Well its a good thing your not in charge of things. Imagine that...Miami has it all wrong. Westbrook AND DURANT??? Gtf out here with that nonsense. Spurs wtf you thinking playing Ginobli and Parker to the tune of a few titles.

13. Hak34

Hak34 Member

So your saying if I shoot 10 times and make 5 but you shoot 10 times and make 4, in some void of logic you are the better shooter? Wow. Done talking bball with you.

14. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

His value = His skill

Same thing to Harden, why wouldn't fans care?

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Durant is a pure scorer and great shooter. He is not the primary playmaker. That is Westwood. Lin can't even sniff Westbrook's jock strap. If Lin was anywhere close to as good as Westbrook, we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with. Same thing with the Spurs; Ginobli was never the primary ball handler, Parker was and always has been. At one point, Ginobli was even coming off the bench. Also again, Lin can't even begin to sniff Parker's jockstrap.

Wow what a stupid fool you are... if your usage rate goes up, your efficiency goes down. You play more, you get tired faster. This happens to every freaking player moron. You have to be dumb as hell to think that Lin is a better scorer, driver, and shooter than Lin or the most r****ded Lin fan only.

1 person likes this.
  16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

That was a quick reply and not properly written out, so my apologies. What I was trying to say is once we found our superstars, we stopped caring about finding value or buffing up value. At this point in time, we are in win mode not value mode. Real fans won't be hoping or considering playing Lin more so as to not tank his value. To hell with that crap. The only thing that matters now is winning now that we have our stars.

17. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

What kind of assumption is that?

Why don't you go and check the usage rate when Lin was in NY and see if he actually did much, much worse like you said.

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Linsanity was a flash in the pan. Players go on hot streaks some times. It is not uncommon. Only LOF's think that Linsanity was standard. Higher usage rate = lower efficiency.

19. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

You forget to mention the Spurs game. Also a flash in the pan?

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

One out of 82 games, I say yes.