1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon Working With Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin in Aspen, Colorado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. steady

steady Member

Sometimes when I think about how many scoring threats, and ways of scoring, the Rockets are going to have on the floor - I get a little giddy. :)

2. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Nice to see that they are working hard. :grin:

3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

They all look stoned. LOL:grin:

4. jocar

jocar Member

Gary Payton is a BAY AREA native. Contain the boners. Jeez! :grin:

5. lfw

lfw Rookie

6. verysimplejason

He did. I think a second dose is needed just to let that confidence from the Glove rub off a little bit more.

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Gary Payton's Large Hands and Extra Long arms cannot be taught...

8. wil55n

wil55n Member

"He always said, 'I get into trouble when I get into the air"

All the Lin critics should enjoy this one hehe

9. joelcwu

joelcwu Member

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He's not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTDjnxXjnis

The Knicks fan that posted earlier obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Payton has been working with young players before the draft for years, and I'm sure there is some type of compensation coming his way for his services.

FYI- most prospects before the draft have signed on with sports agencies. Alot of times those agencies will pay for these type of services before the draft, or loan money out to the player beforehand to do something like this mostly for publicity.

12. SK34

SK34 Member

Damn I didn't realize Lin battles still go on...

Lin trained with him before the "draft"... So why are you all bringing it up?

Anyways I'm glad to see everyone on our team are working on getting better and learning to play their roles.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]While visiting with Houston firefighters on the 12th anniversary of 9/11 on Wednesday, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told them he believes his franchise has a chance to win the 2014 NBA championship.

"We feel like we have the ability to win the title this year," Morey said. "We're probably not going in as the favorite, but if we have young guys continue to step up, maybe there's some moves (the Rockets can make).

"We have two of the top 10 players in the league, that's a great start for having a chance to win the title."

Morey pointed out his players and coaches continue to work hard in preparation for the upcoming season and that includes center Dwight Howard and guard Jeremy Lin.

"Coach (Kevin) McHale is out with Dwight and Hakeem (Olajuwon) and Jeremy Lin working out in Colorado right now," Morey said.

"So our guys are working full time to improve. Hopefully, some magic happens."

The Rockets hired Olajuwon, their Hall of Fame center, to help work with the team's big men.

Morey said the efforts of his players and coaches prior to camp can pay big dividends.

"I think it's critical," Morey said. "It's critical, not only for the work they are putting in, but also team building as well.

"When (guard) James (Harden) organized the workouts in L.A. (this summer), I thought it was fantastic, just great team building.

"Dwight working with Hakeem and Jeremy up there in Colorado this week is one more step...keep moving forward towards, hopefully, a championship chance."[/rQUOTEr]

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Honestly, I'm still having trouble believing and comprehending we got Dwight Howard. How often do you get a team with 2 stars in or entering their primes along with decent role players? UGHHH I'm about to throw up at the anticipation.

15. atwood

atwood Member

In Morey we trust!!!:grin:

16. Razsan

Razsan Member

3 stars if you include Harden :grin:

17. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

When it comes to Lin you never have a good thing to say. You must need attention. I hope Lin proves all the haters such as yourself that he can really play. But even if he were to score 30 points a game with 10 assist you still would find something wrong.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am relieved that he is all right. Acupuncture causes me concern.
    Asik is invaluable to us. I would only trade Asik in a package for a true all star 4.
    Let's hope DM won't be down to just Howard and Harden to get that done.

19. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Obvious now that there will be plays set from Lin

20. Ultimate6thMan

I agree with you, I would only trade Asik in a package for a true all star 4 as well. And I would not include either Howard/Harden of course, Parson, Lin or even Bev in that deal. DMo/TJones/Smith could be in the package and/or picks.