1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon Working With Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin in Aspen, Colorado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. LAC

LAC Member

Don't worry. That guy knows the post. After all, he's been playing C/PF earlier in his life and still does in pick up games. He just needs to power up to play against NBA level big men. :grin:

2. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Low oxygen training is the ultimate workout and conditioning tool. Once you get back down to sea level you are like superman. Oh wait, DH12 already is :grin:

3. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

@ #highaltitude

Remember when Dream threw on the oxygen mask whenever we played the nugz in Denver?

4. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Lin is about to show the world he's on Andre Miller's level, and I mean it in every way. Andre Miller is a terrific point guard.

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

man that's like 60s,70s chinese movie
    you go up high in the mountain out of nowhere shaolin temple to learn kungfu

6. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Reality: Lin, Dwight, and Dream Getting high as hell in the mountains trying to find God while occasionally learning some post moves

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I believe all three have already found him, or at least that's what they say. So now they can focus on their post moves.

8. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I know Dwight had an off year, but this is ridiculous...

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Am i the only one picturing them like this?

[​IMG]

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Lin needs to train with Gary Payton.

11. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I think it's good idea to build chemistry between your starting PG and the your main big man. Hopefully Lin can familiarise himself better with how and where Howard likes the ball in order to have the best chance of converting it. It's all a matter of understanding and anticipation.

We know Lin is excellent at getting the ball to players in and around the hoop for easy finishes and I'm sure the Rockets' coaching stuff plan to exploit this for maximum advantage.

It sends a message as well to everyone that Lin is definitely part of the team's plans going forward. I think a lot of people are underestimating how effective having Lin to playmake on the team will be, with opposition defenses forced to key in on Harden, it's going to leave Lin a lot of room to operate.

1 person likes this.
  12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Perhaps these sessions are not only to teach Dwight some post moves in isolation but also to teach Dwight how to pass it back out or set up his shooters... you know the double team is coming if Dwight gets hot. I'm not sure how good Dwight is as a passer for a big man, haven't seen enough of his games.

13. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

He did that a few summers ago.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That doesnt mean we wont see alley's from Lin alot. The ball is in his hands a lot to, so please stop talking as if Harden only brings the ball up the floor.

15. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Anyone remember how good Battier was at getting the ball to Yao? It was a science, getting Yao that ball. Good idea to have the PG and scoring center train together. Hopefully they'll practice also the PnR.

16. kcd

kcd Member

Love the passing part of that video, wish the whole video was just his passing. And people I'm sure they are working on different things.

17. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Happy to see this. It's important for JLin to start very well this year. Bleep or get off the pot.

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

We all know McHale likes to go small ;)

And Dwight used to play PG.

Imagine if those two's positions are interchangeable, teams will have a hard time coming up with their game plans against us :cool:

19. itony

itony Member

If Magic can play a little C then I think someone like Lin with more god given talent and asian intelligence can do it

20. NYK Fan

NYK Fan Rookie

Actually I'm picturing this scene...

[​IMG]