1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon Working With Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin in Aspen, Colorado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

It's pretty obvious the skeptics in this thread are the ones who cemented the stereotypes raised during Linsanity. These are the repeat offenders minus a few who simply haven't caught wind of the news.

These are the same contributors who would rather bite their nose to spite their face. LuckTxn and the likes would rather lose and blame Lin than win and give the guy any credit. It's not in their DNA and it's not going to change. Epiphany's may happen but I'm not holding my breath.

Instead, I'lll quietly lurk, open my mouth to reinforce the quiet majority's presence and enjoy what should be the most fun team to watch in the NBA. I can't wait for the season to start! Go Rockets!

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Hakeem, Mchale and the coaching staff are all there but it is only Dwight and Lin? Seems like that would have been a great opportunity to get some work in with some of the other players

3. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

This is exciting! Dwight can use well-timed alley oops from Lin.

Watch Jameer Nelson to Dwight's Insane Alley-Oops
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RUwAo0w0_KU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch Lin threw alley-oops to Tyson Chandler from NY days (#9,#7,#4)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2A144j4vxNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Add Harden as another threat plus our shooters (Parsons, Garcia) and
    I can see ... the ring

4. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

One more on Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard creating the Orlando Magic's "Art of the Alley-Oop"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aJEurFHMmXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Lin is great off pick and roll passing and great at throwing alleys, He threw more to greg smith than asik.& more to chandler combined. If you watched most of the games he always felt comfortable driving dumping off to greg smith more because he would catch and finish more with a higher percentage. With howard down low sky is the limit!! this will be a fun team to watch !

6. Play07

Play07 Member

7. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

We've already seen different players working out with him at different times, if twitter photos are to be believed. Lin is just the latest.

8. Rox23

Rox23 Member

People may not know it but both Lin and Dwight are really big into the "God" thing. When Dwight first came into the league he even wanted to change the NBA logo to a cross. Lin and D12 have similar personalities, too. I don't view it as all surprising that these two guys would train together and even be the best of friends. Good for the team.

1 person likes this.
  9. Razsan

Razsan Member

That was a glaring weakness in Asik's game. There were a lot of missed layup opportunities on passes from both Lin AND Harden. With Dwight, both can have the confidence that making the pass will result in a score.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I'd seriously enjoy seeing Lin post up Nate Robinson again.

Always loved the little guys who could post, from Andrew Toney to Adrian Dantley to Tim Hardaway, even to some extent Sir Charles.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You seem to forget that Harden typically plays point in our offense, not Lin. Unless something changes with Harden, I see Lin regulated to even more shooting with Dwight's addition unless it is during transition offense.

12. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

could this be Linsanity 2.0?

Dwight > Chandler
    Terrence Jones = Jared Jefferies
    Harden > Billy Walker (a better version of Billy Walker)
    Parson = Landry Fields (similar type of players)
    Lin = Lin

If we dont make WCF, then something is wrong as we have a ton of talent on this team

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Both, I hope, but clearly getting Dwight the ball has to be the focus. I think this is great news. How often have members posted daydreams about the Dream working with a particular player? I know I have, and instead, I'd read about Hakeem working with Kobe, and stuff like that. This is a very groovy development, in my opinion. Jeremy's a smart guy. I think he'll learn a lot.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually thing Lin could learn a thing or two from Rudy's staff that worked with Cassell/Smith and ultimately I believe Rafer Alston. Chop step and arm bar to take ground.

15. LAC

LAC Member

Why are you drawing comparison to an NY team that won't even make the playoffs?

16. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

can you stop this on every thread? it's pretty stupid.

17. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Perhaps there would be a change in the philosophy of the coaches.

We know Harden can run both point and be lethal scorer but he doesn't need the ball as much as Lin to be effective. And Harden's efficiency and health dropped a bit last season because he was asked to do so much. Lin's shooting improved in the 2nd half but he's not as lethal as Harden in the shooting department.

Coaches might experiment trying Lin to run the point to see if he can feed both Howard and Harden effectively. We still have to wait and see what's best for the team in the training camp.

But having Lin to run the point and Harden to focus on scoring might be better in the long run in the playoff to optimize their strength and health.

18. CertifiedTroll

Jeremy is making the hardest NBA transition. He is going from a PG to a C

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

They're working out in that high altitude area...if only the regular season started this week with a game against the Nuggets.

20. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I saw some stat recently where Lin's assist conversion rate on passes was like 28% and Harden's was only about 21%. Ideally the Rox would like to have the ball in JLin's hands. Too much Harden ISO ball is bad anyway for the team psyche (other players stand around watching and are left out until 2 seconds left in shot clock) and bad for the scoreboard.

1 person likes this.