1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon Working With Dwight Howard and Jeremy Lin in Aspen, Colorado

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. kcd

kcd Member

I can believe that based on how Lin played when he did get the chance to become the leader with the Knicks or during games where he didn't differ as much last season. Both teams he's played significant minutes on have had good records and made the playoff, while other PGs with better stats, had terrible team records. And our team last year on paper was not that much better than many other teams when most of our guys were first or second year players. While Lin didn't have fancy stats, there were decisions/plays he made which helped the team win games last season. He does still needs to develop aspects of his game to become a better player overall.

2. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

He still needs a whole bunch of skills work, and I say that as a fan.

There's time. He just has to keep working on it. Primarily shooting and dribbling, but also continuing to work on his decision-making so he can cut down on his turnovers.

3. wil55n

wil55n Member

His decision making was probably above average to great in high school. But he has yet to reach the levels of NBA greatness. I believe he can do it eventually though. Each turnover is one step closer lol

4. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I agree. JLin has a lot of talent. He just has to keep working on developing his point guard skills after playing SG at a lower-tier basketball school.

I think he can and will develop himself, it just will take some time. And continued good health.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol more links
    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/09/hakeem-olajuwon-likes-jeremy-lin-dwight-howard-duo/

Hakeem Olajuwon has been working as a development coach with the Rockets all summer, and he likes what he’s seen. Speaking with Houston’s FOX 26, Olajuwon had this to say about the Lin-D12 combination:

“Just the little offense I saw, that combination is very deadly and you can see that both of them are very excited seeing that ‘wow, we bring the right ingredients together.’ When you see players that are dedicated to succeed it gives you that window to see what kind of season that we’re looking for… Dwight can clearly dominate this league comfortably. He has everything that he needs and he has desire and work ethic to do it.”

Speaking about Lin specificically, The Dream said he’s been impressed so far:

“In Aspen I worked with Jeremy Lin a little bit in the post and I was very impressed, he has a nice post move. I said, ‘how come you are not using that in a game?’ He said, ‘I played like that in college.’” Olajuwon noted to the guard that “If you catch those little guys in the game that guard you, your advantage should be in the post.”

6. iku

iku Member

dang, having the dream praise the lin/howard combo before the harden/howard combo is going to have a lot of people go bananas on this forum lol.

I think it's nice to have a hall of famer finally say something nice about lin for a change!

7. conquistador#11

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

hooo alreadfy posted . - sorry

9. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

;)why? Dream said so

:cool::p

10. PatBeverleyFan

First pic of them working out in Aspen. lol y'all Beverley haters thought he wasn't there huh?

[​IMG]

11. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

salty beverley fans:p

12. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Hakeem's stamp of approval....priceless. :cool:

13. PatBeverleyFan

Gotta give props to Hakeem for showing Jeremy Lin (the backup pg) so much love though. Very nice of him. :)