1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Haberstroh Podcast] Morey: "Slam me. I deserve to be slammed."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Dec 4, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That would make one of the oldest PG duos but do it for the entertainment and culture.

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

This is the problem.

Our available trade pieces are not sexy to the playoffs teams. Melo, MCW, Hart, nene, Knight, Chriss.

Lottery teams want first round picks. No one is going to give them any First.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Our 1st round picks seem to be available. For the right player(s). And three of those Rockets you mentioned are on expiring contracts, with two of the others expiring next year.

snowconeman22 and Plowman like this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

It looks easy, but it's not.

Which team wants those guys?

saleem likes this.
  5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dinwiddie would be a great pickup. I think he's asking 4 years 44 million. One can dream.

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So basically he can give up 1st rounds
    CP3 contract was a terrible idea. I would rather have TREZ, Lou, Bev back along with 20 something mil extra to spare to sign someone else. Bev said he wanted to be traded, so great. Trade him with Decker and whoever else and pick up some Nikola Mirotic type mid level guys who produce hard. Make the bench super deep. Find a cheaper true PG that might not be as good as paul but still serviceable enough not throw games.

Harden isn't a strong leader type person, all though he tries. So just make Tucker the voice of the team. Harden the star and pick up those mid level over producers. But doesn't matter, its too late. CP3 contract wont be easy to move and I don't see him even trying.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey has no one to blame but himself.

He made the Clippers into who they are today. A much better team than the Rockets (unfortunately).

Clippers bench production:

Montrezl is avging 16/7r
    Williams is avging 17/4a

Morey should've let them have Ryno if they wanted assets back, otherwise let CP3 walk for nothing.

nwtx7263, BigShasta and SageHare6 like this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Whether the Rockets traded for CP3 or kept the guys (Harrell, Williams, Beverley and Dekker) they sent to the Clippers, they would not have 20 million to sign other players. First, the Rockets had to match CP3’s salary within 25% in the trade, and second, the Rockets would have gone over the cap this summer whether they gave CP3 his supermax extension or not.

#69 DVauthrin, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    BaselineFade, hakeem94 and BMoney like this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You left the luxury tax off your list … Twillman is cheap!

And Daryl did try to do something in chasing Butler …. but no one wants the poo platter of assets he has to work with - He couldn't attach 4 #1's to Knight and get a return , Minny instead took a couple middling players and no picks.

11. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

But does he have the gumption to trade CP3?

12. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Tilman is more than half the problem imho. He went cheap. And guess what? He helped create an inferior product to woo the fans.

This is on ownership as much as on Morey. What Morey has to accept that WCF was yesteryear news and today at 500, requires even tougher decisions on who to keep, who to trade, and how to effectively rebuild.

13. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Dang. Could u imagine if we actually had Mirotic on this team?

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Mirotic + Harrel + Lou is much better than 1 cp3.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey, I know! Let's blame Carmelo!

16. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Is it just me or does it feel like Morey's days are numbered?

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Morey is quite impressive to last this long without actually never tanking. Maybe it finally got to him. Now all he can offer to get any talent is old man (nene), scrubs (mcw, harstein, chriss) and injured players (qi, knight). Our bench is disgustingly bad, CP3 is getting older, but getting paid like a superstar. We can tank, but then we are just wasting harden's prime away.

Kinda also suck that no one wants to play with Harden.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. farhen

farhen Member

cheap tilman deserve half of the spanking

Corrosion likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

For fairness sake , I think it's appropriate to note that the clippers had to extend Williams last season . So whether or not we would have had him would still be TBD .

The clippers actually did well to grab Harrell for another year after this one too .

But my point is that those are extensions made at the clippers discretion ... not necessarily value we gave them in the trade .

And last year we won the trade .... we almost won it all because of it . This year still has to play out too . If Paul and harden are healthy into the playoffs I guarantee that we will do better than LAC this year too .