1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

H Chronicle: Center would like to become a career Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rob English, Sep 24, 2004.

1. JiggajAMzZ

JiggajAMzZ Member

YAO MINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I have the answer...

JVG is trying to develop Yao since he is being accused of never developing any player in the NBA save for Marcus Camby.

Just see this as JVG vision and his reply to the other thread accusing him of NBA veterans mongering.

Hey I love this news. Now my 20/11/2.7 stats line for Yao looks like it is going to be a reality.

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

2.7 blocks or assists? If it's blocks you're dreaming, if it's assists it's possible...

4. droxford

droxford Member

Yao's been tired in the past because he didn't get conditioning and workouts in the summer. So he was draggin' his butt during games. And when they tried to condition him and work him out during the season, it took a lot of his energy away.

That's all different this year!

Ho man.. I've never been so pumped for a season! Bring it on!!!

-- droxford

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I don't know. He averaged 1.9 bpg last year on 32 mpg. If he gets up to 36 mpg, then it would be about 2.1-2.2 bpg. Obviously he'd still have to make some improvement in blocking shots, but I don't think it's that big a leap if he can gets a little more quickness from losing all that fat.

6. Summer Song Giver

say what you want about Yao, and everyone here knows I've said some things, this is actually awesome to read. It is nice to know Yao doesn't mind busting his hump to improve on his weaknesses. Kudos to you Yao Ming :cool:

7. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Yes I meant 2.7 blocks per game.

His assist number will be around 4 per game.

#27 Fegwu, Sep 24, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  8. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

I would be happy with 2.3 blks and 2.5 asts.

9. fa7999

fa7999 Member

At long as Yao can average 35 ppg, I will stop complaining of him not reaching his potential.

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Good, because I'm going to hold you to that.

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Hell yeah! As great as it is to have a true SG in T-Mac, it's going to be the big man that's going to carry this team to success. Whether Yao is ready to take the reigns or not, it's his team for the taking. T-Mac knows this. Yao sounds like he realizes this. I think the more weight he can add, while staying lean the better. And this summer's workouts with Falsone sounds like just the beginning to maximizing that big frame Yao has. So as exciting as this summer is, I'll be more excited after an entire summer where Yao will receive strength and conditioning from Falsone without any other obligations to his homeland.

12. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Incredible! :eek: 309lbs at 8.5% fat!!!

I remember last year he was above 12%. Back then, he gained a little too much weight; not enough pre-season training. Falsone is doing the best thing for Yao (because, as Jeff said...) he's doing preventative injury training as well as strength training.

I'm sure that Falson also watches Yao to make sure that he drinks a lot; dehydration can cause tears and muscle pulls. Many professional athletes have fat percentages below 7%. Body builders are even lower than that (4-5%). So, Yao at 309lbs AND at 8.5% is incredible for his size.

13. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

geez, seems a lot of you are getting a boner just thinking of the upcoming season

;)

14. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

i can't f***ing wait for the season to start! schwing!

15. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

I just got that saying in my fortune cookie...

eerie

Stuart

16. Nautic

Nautic Member

I too would like to become a career Rocket...fan.

17. Charvo

Charvo Member

Weatherspoon is participating in the sprints, and Mo isn't? Weatherspoon may surprise everyone with the number of minutes he gets especially if he is able to actually jump higher due to a decrease in fat mass.

18. 12345

12345 Member

What's Shaq's body fat %? :D

19. faith2426

faith2426 Member

more than 12%

20. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

man the players that should be here are Boki and Mot.

they are going to be fighting for minutes and being in great shape should help. MoT could also learn to avoid injury by working more with Falsone.

J