1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys......Need prayers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wonderful news! This had such an amazing outcome. The vibe around here just got brighter. :)-

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm really happy about the good news. It may not be easy dealing with what comes next, but it's great that she's doing better.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Thanks for sharing! It's almost like you have it as hard as the OP! No, I didn't send you that note, but I am asking you to take one for the team and think of the bigger picture here. :)

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

not surprised

the science crowd gets squirmy and defensive when they hear success stories like this one

great news for the roxxran's SIL

1 person likes this.
  5. SacTown

SacTown Member

All I said was "God is good". I fully believe that our collective prayers helped in this situation. You can think what you want, but clearly the OP is a religious man and he asked for help. He asked for prayers. Keep your science know it all crap out of here unless someone asks for "protons and neutrons" instead of prayers.

2 people like this.
  6. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I am very happy that she is recovering. I hope she continues to a complete recovery.

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Wasn't me, but whoever it was isn't really incorrect. Science and doctors saved her, bro. OP should be thanking them, if anyone.

That said, good to hear she's doing better. Hopefully y'all can get some counseling as to why she attempted this and prevent it from happening again.

8. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

She was released from a psychiatric hospital today. And we were hanging out afterwards like we always did. It blows my mind that she could have died on her hospital bed and look at it now: joking around with her and going to eat with the family......words cant explain how grateful I am right now. Thank you, Clutchfans. She made a 100% recovery. Now she starts a new medication and a therapy session is already on the calender. Thank you so much everyone.....I thought I was going to lose her. She beat the odds. I think she found the will to live and fought off everything that was afflicting her. thank you :)

9. yo

yo Contributing Member

Wonderful news.

I'm almost surprised to hear how how quickly it seems she has bounced back. I know you all are embracing the moment and are just glad she is okay, but do you think she will address what happened in the future? Do you plan on asking her?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good news. Hope the path to restoring her self-image has been laid out so that she can get back to her every day life again.

11. HookemHorns1250

Prayesr are with you and your family. I apologize I only saw this now. I'm extremely glad to hear the good news, and my Prayers continue for her to have a strong path to recovery.

12. Isabel

Isabel Member

Oh wow. Just now saw this thread and it is literally making me cry. Prayer is a powerful thing. So glad your sister-in-law is still with you and now knows how much she is loved. And great to hear good news in the world for a change.

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Good to hear she is doing well once again. I don't be an ass but thanking "God" but not even once thanking the doctor(s)? It just remind me of a documentary Inside North Korea with Lisa ling where the doctor came and help fix the blinded Korean. After the successful surgery and they can finally see again they went straight to Kim Jong-il picture, kneel and thank him instead of the doctor. I hope her family members also thank the doctor that really are the true hero here.

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Wow thats great! Prayers do work.

15. Pringles

Pringles Member

Great to hear!

Y'all need to quit debating. Not the proper thread.

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Didn't read this thread until now...good news man. One things I learned working in healthcare is you never give up on a young mind...they have a good chance of recovery in many grim situations. The older ones...not so much :(
    Hmmm, lots of God stuff being thrown around...apparently he gets a lot of praise when stuff like this happens, but when a 23 year old healthy girl with no history of significant illness suddenly dies from an aggressive strain of pnuemonia in 3 days people say it was "just her time" smh, whatevs...glad it worked out for you. I hope she takes advantage of her second chance.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think everyone will agree on this -- you mean to be an ass.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just saw this thread and sorry to hear what happened but glad she is ok. hopefully she will realize how much you both care for her. i wish you all well.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Just saw this thread, and so glad everything pulled thru. God bless

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

glad to hear of her survival, it makes me think of the ones who didn't...