1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys, is it too late for us to compete for Zion and Barrett?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Season is already 1/3 complete. Team still in disarray. Zion Williamson is a real possibility. One can only dream.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman needs to decide what we want to be this year. make big moves to get into the playoffs or big moves to tank. All this lollygagging in the middle is gonna have us being a mediocre team that misses the playoffs with a pick outside the lottery

3. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

No, we are still in time.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If you want to really make yourself sick 3 of those picks were in one season. Morey had 3 picks in 2012...2 of them aren't even NBA players anymore and one of them is a fringe bench player on a mediocre team...

I've always said that Morey's worst attribute is his drafting. He hits every now and then in the 2nd round, sure, but it's a lot more valuable I think to be able to draft in the first round?

lw17 likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah we have plenty of time . Harden and Paul just need to have "injuries" to make sure we don't win too many games . Because even if we are as bad as worse case scenario , James and Chris will still have a hot stretch

Der Rabbi and daywalker02 like this.
  6. steveng125

steveng125 Member

We tank I see harden and Chris asking for a trade

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Well we can't trade Chris . No one will take him .

As for harden . He can "get injured" in practice and we can send him on an international tour of the worlds best strip clubs . Have him come back after ASB and get in shape early for next year

lw17 and ryano2009 like this.
  8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I don't trust Morey with draft picks. Unless it's an obvious pick like Zion, I think he'd end up squandering it.

No Bol Bol.

lw17 likes this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Tanking would be for the purpose of packaging the lottery pick for a disgruntled star. Too bad Jimmy was pretty much the last one and he was our hometown guy, and we decided Tucker and EGo was just too much! Can't lose our chemistry!!1 Pfft. NO wont trade AD to us in the division. We wont have enough cap to sign KD. Were pretty F'ed. Would have to trade CP3 and Capela to to get cap space for KD if im not mistaken, and then use the lottery pick + whatever you can package for another deal.

J.R. and mario_v like this.
  10. ball king23

ball king23 Member

if I am houston i would keep the 1 st round pick and get a player to build around in this draft

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know if it's too late to compete for those guys, but it's not too late to be realistic and turn this mess into something good.

I'm still not sure it's too early to give up on the season, it does look like it but eh, i'm glad i don't have to make the decision.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We'll find out.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lamb is actually starting and is having his best season so far .

Morey is a fine drafter . But then again he hasn't had a top 10 pick to bust with . The expectations are lower given the spot he's been drafting in . And he's exceeded them .

Brooks , Landry , batum/(Greene who was traded for artest ) , Morris , DMO , parsons , Patterson , lamb , Clint , Harrell .

He has correctly chosen a lot of guys that have been able to stick around and play well.

No stars , but you have to be lucky or picking in the top 5-10 to get one .

I don't think you realize what a hard position he was out in . The mandate to rebuild without tanking is neary impossible . Who else has done it ? Name one team .

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  14. mario_v

mario_v Member

I tried to tell you guys. Typical clutchfans, prisoners of the moment.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We’re not rebuilding

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m beginning to like Barrett more and more. Much better 3 point shooter that has room to grow in height possibly.

I’ve been very impressed by him.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Time to pull a Spurs/Duncan. Invent injuries for Paul and Harden. Play all the young guys.

lw17, BMoney, Der Rabbi and 1 other person like this.
  18. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

REBUILD! LETS TANK ALREADY!

19. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This team is a shame. It's time to make a big change to improve the team or trade Paul right now and look at the draft. These players have no heart and obviously there is a crisis in the locker room. Once again, Harden is not a leader and never will be. As simple as that.

lw17 likes this.
  20. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I can never forget how bad the Kawhi Leonard one was. I remember being so pissed at that moment when we picked the freaking twin over Leonard. Honestly I'd rather have a member on clutch fans choose our 1st round pick, and keep morray at the 2nd round