1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Who's the better player?

1. Terrence

155 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. DMo

53 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. basketballholic

I don't think that. But I'm pretty sure Morey and the Rockets brass already know what Terrence is and with their closeness to him they probably knew it before I did.

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

You are ASSUMING that the Rockets agree with your assessment. They could very well trade DMo instead of TJones, or keep both of them. Whatever happens, I'm sure you will determine that to mean that DMo was better to the Rockets than TJones is, while it could be the exact opposite from the Rockets and other teams perspective.

3. basketballholic

Haven't formed a final opinion on DMo. My opinion on Terrence is 98% done.

4. FANfrom86toNow

I understand. I think they both have great upside if they can stay healthy and continue along their current trajectory.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

We could all just wait and see what happens when Jones gets back. I personally do not care which one starts. I just want D-Mo at the 5 for every minute Howard is on the bench. I have a much better feeling in the pit of my stomach when one of them is playing the center position. I am so sick of Black and Dorsey out there.

6. FANfrom86toNow

I would rather see DMo as the 4, whether starter or backup because I think it allows him to flourish more. I would much rather see Jermaine O'Neal or any other veteran big man acquired and Dorsey traded and Black sent to the DLeague to continue to develop.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Joey Dorsey >>>> Dmo/TJ...:eek:

:p

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Until Morey makes a trade to get a legit starting PF like Millsap (I can only hope), the answer is we need BOTH

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This.

DMo has to be the backup 5. Does he fit next to Howard as the backup 4 as well?

Not sure , but has to be better than Black...

10. SeabrookMiglla

Jones is marginally a better player.

Although, I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing from dmo.

I think they are difficult to compare, because they are so different from one another and bring different things to the table.

Bottom line- I think they both have room for growth and I have high hopes for both.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not a good showing from DMo tonight.

Please come back Jones.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

D-Mo did fine tonight. We'd have to be delusional to expect more given we were playing against a WAY better team, with possibly the best PF/C combo in the league.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

D-Mo did a great job on Griffin last night, a lot of his damage in the first half came with D-Mo on the bench is foul trouble.

Offensively after his great game, the Rockets still refuse to give him post touches. It is one of the most frustrating things I have ever watched as a fan. Our offense is often nothing but contested jumpers, particularly when Harden goes to the bench, and we still won't give it a try.