1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gunmen Shoot 5 at Minneapolis BLM protest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is par for course in this climate AND in this forum.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Excellent point. I think such posters defending those who shot the BLM protesters need to weigh in on this and explain if they think the guy attacked at the Trump rally would have been in their rights to shoot the Trump supporters who were attacking him.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And if they do think the protester would have been within his right to shoot the attackers, why didn't they jump in and say so in that case?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well of course racists are going to show up to BLM protests....just like racists show up to protests held by any racist organization, that's no surprise.

In this instance though, according to the eyewitness in the video posted earlier, the 2 guys were attacked by the crowd after they were racially profiled. After they were assaulted they were then chased by a large number of people until they started shooting.

Of course, eyewitness testimony is notoriously inaccurate, but until we find out more, don't we sort of have to go on that? As of now, the only "evidence" that there was any racists at the event other than BLM members is that there were light skinned people there wearing ski masks in Minnesota in the winter at night when it's freezing out and they had the audacity to film the event.....and that's nothing more than amateur racial profiling by a racist mob.

That said, who knows? Maybe more comes out about this that will show that the 2 guys on the video were lying and that there is more to it.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Was a Hispanic Male actually. So race was probably a motive because this individual could be 'White' Hispanic...

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can continue to wonder as they will likely ignore your post.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Bad idea jeans, right there. Stay non-violent, get your permit and get police or paid, licensed private protection.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd have never seen it if you didn't respond to it.

As to the question, would I care if some Trump supporters assaulted a group of protesters(I haven't heard about a specific story of this happening so I'm saying this hypothetically as far as I know) and were then shot at for it? Why would I care? I think I've said many times here that if you assault someone you are essentially asking them to hurt you.

On top of that basic principle why would I care what happens to a Trump supporter in the first place? I don't exactly lean to the left but I've said NUMEROUS times that I'd vote for Bernie Sanders over Trump.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Where do I put this? Is there an all purpose BLM thread?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ix2N6_jLAgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What a stupid and wrong comment!

The Trump party crashers came in there with one mission -- to disrupt the event. While I don't yet have all the facts, what I have heard to date is that these people were simply filming. Big difference.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

need moar facts.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How is this a meme? Wasn't he proven right in wanting more facts? This seems like a self pwning meme.

13. bigtexxx

So the idiot led police on a high speed chase and then had his hands near his pockets, while not following orders of the police. They probably thought he could have had a gun.

I read that the guy had PCP in his system from his autopsy report.

14. bigtexxx

You're a hypocritical troll!

You claim they're racists when you don't have a damn clue, yet then chide others for putting out ridiculous theories.

What a hypocrite you are

15. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Where were the others shot?

If you haven't had a chance to watch the video of the incident out there. I will gladly help you.

<iframe width="688" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w3-XIGJZMEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="688" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_JNxlUKOaOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="688" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hc3c6cK9p_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, the initial shooting could have gone either way because he made a sudden move with his hands around his waist....but if you watch, it looks like they shot him again like 10 seconds later. That makes it murder.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

16 bullets. 15 after the kid was already laying on the ground dead.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I know nothing about the case. I have made no conclusions. Number of bullets fired is correlated to and caused by one thing. The number of bullets a cop has. I'm really tired of people using this as evidence for murder.

If you want cops to fire less bullets, make them carry less.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Are Filipinos Hispanic?

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you're right. he should have used his nightstick afterwards too, just to make sure.