1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gun Control] Obama: "Examine Your Conscience"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by roxxfan, Jan 14, 2013.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But he isn't proposing doing away with the second amendment. Restricting the types of guns and magazines isn't doing away with the second amendment.

4. Svpernaut

Is that your legal opinion? Because I, and millions of others completely disagree. I won't get into an argument here, because we've beat that dead horse many times over. I was simply responding to my President trying to lecture me on something I personally feel he has no say in.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which the Founding Fathers would have worded differently if they had foreseen madmen taking military-type assault rifles and turning kids at school into meat.

Obama ain't going after all guns. That toothpaste is out of the tube. Assault weapons, assault ammunition, and universal background checks.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Which sits right next to the original Constitution with this curious passage: three fifths of all other Persons.

Of course, that's not a good example because the Founders did not need to compromise on the 2nd Amendment. It is only at issue because gun nuts have twisted the meaning over the last 50 or so years.

1 person likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

Interesting. Can you name any stated proposal of his that violates the 2nd Amendment?

8. Classic

Classic Member

In unrelated news, Obama signs a new bill:

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you speak for the founding fathers?

10. Svpernaut

So now you know what the founding fathers would have done 230 years later? :rolleyes:

Also "military-type assault rifles," you mean a semiautomatic rifle which is less powerful than the most popular hunting rifles?

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

see, if you don't agree with him you lack a conscience

a more tactful variant of the Piers Morgan line of argument

12. Svpernaut

I didn't say he had one. I said he is lecturing me on something he doesn't have a right to do so... because that document at the National Archives.

I'm not going to get in to an argument here as I stated, because we all know that I'm in the minority on this BBS.

13. Svpernaut

So the logic is, as long as they don't remove all the freedom it gives us, it is still there? Well, I guess we can go ahead and remove most of the forth amendment too, it's no big deal if they search us whenever they want right? Oh look, they already do that in NYC where minorities are spot-checked for no damn good reason.

If you remove any part of it, you might as well remove it all. Because they'll come for it eventually. Being conquered by attrition is still being conquered.

14. Major

Major Member

Weird. Last I looked, the amendment that comes before the one you refer to specifically guarantees him that right to lecture you about anything he wants.

15. Svpernaut

Touché. I guess I should say he has the right to do so, but the document means he can kiss my ass.

16. Major

Major Member

So I ask again: do you then believe the government should not restrict your ownership of nuclear or biological weapons? And do you believe the government has no right to prevent a criminal or mentally ill person from owning a weapon?

17. Svpernaut

I've answered these questions 100 times over the various other treads. Enjoy.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

great point, Commodore.

He's clearly trying to frame his argument

smart people see right through this cheap tactic

19. Major

Major Member

Can you point me to some of these answers? Because as far as I recall, the only other time I've asked recently is here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=231920&page=5

On January 10th at 10:28am. After that, you disappeared from the thread for 2 days, only to post a random video a few days later and then nothing else.

Or, do you mind summarizing your view on this issue for those of us who missed your other answers?

20. Svpernaut

I've answered the questions and stated my beliefs man times, and sorry I don't give a rats ass if you're left wanting for me.

[​IMG]