1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guess who isn’t #1 in MVP voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Nov 19, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

in that 50 years, did NY have a GOAT offensive player?

2. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont care about MVPs anymore....(i mean I do a little) But if we win the chip Harden will be the undisputed best player in the NBA on the best team in the NBA and thats all that matters.

3. Asian Sensation

Steve Nash has two and he wasn’t anywhere close to GOAT offensive player either year and he won them in PHX. What’s your point?

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you don't think if harden was on NY right now propelling that team to 1st in the east he won't be in top MVP conversation?

Blurr#7 likes this.
  5. plates300

plates300 Member

who cares about MVP at this point - we all know by now it's a media driven award. He's already got one. I don't even care if he got screwed out of the other two. Win that championship. That Finals MVP trophy will be the only MVP trophy that matters.

AroundTheWorld, HP3 and J.R. like this.
  6. Asian Sensation

Maybe? Maybe no? Who cares?

He’s not in NY. There’s a bigger goal than MVP.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

After he drops 98pts he will automatically be awarded MVP based on this historic accomplishment even if we miss the playoffs like cowterd said.

8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

If he were, I don't think Harden would be good enough to deserve the award. I think there would be a ton of distractions. He already was distracted by a Kardashian once and it ruined the season. He also said in his interview w SAS that he enjoys being under the radar and it is less pressure being the underdog and being in Houston. Neither NY team has the personnel to help Harden be his best self either.

IDK if being in NY even matters, its been 50 years since someone on a NY team has won an MVP lol.

jcmoon likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is easier to win the first one, it is harder to win the second one, as Harden nearly impossible, he has to dominate the whole 6 months. Even then it is no guarantee.

I am not even thinking of the FMVP.......

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

YES, we ALL remember Curry, as the 'ultimate defensive stopper' when he won 2X.

[​IMG]

11. mightybosstone

No. 1 in MVP voting in what context? Can you share a link to provide some context to what you're talking about?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Easy, durvasa and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

Insert "it isn't fair" gif

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

exactly.

alethios likes this.
  15. Handles

Handles Member

MVP means nothing. When I was younger I used to think it mattered. Nowadays it’s pretty easy to see that it’s actually the MPP - most popular player. If harden wins it, that’s cool. But I’m content with just winning tons of games.

The award is voted on by a select group that have never played basketball at a high level. Not by players and team personnel. Several of the people that vote have ridiculous bias and ever changing standards. The award is anything but objective.

MVP means zilch and I hope in time more people come around to thinking the same way. MVP only has meaning if we give it meaning. Media only has power if we give it to them.

Unfortunately I don’t think enough people will stop caring about it to stop mattering. I’d love to see NBA personnel vote on it, but idk. A man can dream.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t mind not being 1–but wtf has giannis done for the consideration?

juanm34 likes this.
  17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Which year(s) was Kobe cheated ?

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Of course on NBA Radio today, voters had LeBron, Giannis, and Doncic all ahead of Harden... by a wide margin.

It's *clear* which of those players' team has had the most injuries, but know one cares since it's Beard's advantage during an MVP debate.

Best believe though, if any other player had the same advantage, EVERYONE would acknowledge it and use it to detract from James.

19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Post doesn't count since OP didn't cite a source.

20. Houstunna

Supporting Member

He's #1 in PER and Milwaukee has a great record.

The East sucks though, true... but no one cares.

Bet this though, if Harden was Leastern (besides BOS or NYC), everyone would mention it.