1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guarding LaMarcus Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ag3ntgandhi, Apr 21, 2014.

1. haydenfisher342

2. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Not with Wes, batam and Lollards it will rain 3s

3. munsteur

munsteur Member

Gotta give D-Mo a chance.

Jones - too small
    Asik and Dwight - too slow
    D-Mo - maybe a bit light but we should really give him a chance considering how bad Aldridge has destroyed the other guys

4. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I don't see him dropping 40 points on us every next game, but he's going to get his numbers.

On a side note, we do need to see Harden shoot better. 8-28 tonight was horrible.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Whoever said LMA was overrated didn't know what they were talking about.

6. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

And honestly for 44 minutes the Rockets played well against a good team and seemingly had it won. It was that stretch of hack-a-dwight where the Blazers went hot that hurt the most. So really i dont think you change much. You just need to play tighter during hack-a-dwight

7. Rocketsfan1217

You have to put someone taller than jones on LMA. He can not affect his shot. I think mchale has to try dmo and asik more the next game. You cant give up that many points to LMA. You have to let the role players beat you.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

DMo is a much better defender than TJones. I don't get putting Garcia over DMo? DMo has his faults, even on defense at times but he is better than Garcia. Mchale benches Garcia most of the season and then decides to bring him back NOW.

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I remember in 2005 McGrady with his length was able to affect Dirk sometimes. I would like to see Chandler on Aldridge

10. FEAR THE BEARD

DOUBLE HIM!! I don't know why McHale didn't execute this.

11. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

He killed the Rockets tonight.
    Those so called H town dudes (harden/howard) got owned and out played by him.

12. yummyhawtsauce

try dmo/asik combo on him with some jones in there, the key is to force him to settle for his fading jumper (which he's also good at), but it's sure better than letting him duck in for an easy jump hook,

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

We did. Chandler was murdered by him.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

I would love to give Dmo an opportunity but it would take injury/foul trouble for McHale to change his mind (or maybe Morey threatening his employment)

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Just saw some postgame comments. Seems like a well-spoken guy.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'd rather have Dmo and Hamilton over Garcia. But McHale is just your typical veteran-loving head coach.

17. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Him going off is fine as long as HH boys show up.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Any of you watch Aldridge a lot this season? The few times I've seen him, it's been all fadeaways and long two's. But tonight was different, he was just backing down our smaller guys and feasting on them. Does he do that to other teams, or is Jones just terrible at post defense?

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That's a lot of people. I remember around 2008-9 there was a thread saying Carl landry will be as good as LMA and I said LMA will be an athletic Dirk Nowitzki without the 3 point shooting. People thought I was nuts back then.

20. jae713

jae713 Member

I've always loved him since he has been in the league. His biggest knock around this parts is that he is a finesse player and doesn't bang around. I think next game you double team and take your chances on them hitting 3's. I seriously doubt D-Mo is the answer but if double teaming doesn't work why not give him a chance.

I don't think LMA won the game it was more like the Rockets lost this one. Terrible execution, no discipline, and no half court sets. I am not a Mchale hater but tonight I blame the loss on poor coaching.