1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW taking credit for Rockets smallball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Feb 16, 2020.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

So has the coach built or developed your team and culture?

Dumbtoni wasnt the GM either so why are you suddenly giving him the credit? According to you the GM does all the work right? So why we even talking about Dumbtoni then?

Kerr ran a billion dollar franchise so in his eyes you are the dumbass, dumbass.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am talking about GM vs. Consultant.

Are you so dense that you do not still understand or you purposefully deflecting because you F'ed up on your due diligence?

And we all know that 7 Seconds or Less is completely credited to MDA, even F'ing Steve Kerr who you worship admits this.

Show some character Rosli, admit you F'ed up and move forward.

Kerr was not the GM or Coach when the 7 Seconds or Less Suns were built, bottom line.

HP3 likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not crediting 7SOl with Kerr I'm saying Kerr helped brought in the personnel for 7SOL so he wasnt exactly unfamiliar with the small ball concept nor did he steal 7SOL from Dumbtoni because GSW didnt run 7SOL. How can GSW take credit for something they dont even use?

Maybe it didnt cross your mind but Donnie Nelson ran small ball before MDA and GSW didnt have a 7SOL offense either they had a small ball lineup and focused on passing rather than isos from their pg which is what the Suns did.

You are the one deflecting things left and right even bringing up your alleged 20M dollar company what does that have to do with MDA, Kerr and the Suns?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wow, you are tripling down on your stupid fake ass take that Kerr built the 7 Seconds or Less Suns.

Just this one time will I do your work for you. Learn to Google fool.

Seven seconds or less

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-dantoni-offense-shaped-nba-2017-11

Straight from your lord and master's own mouth:

No need to apologize to me but you owe all of CF an apology for pertuating half truths at best, lies if you are being completely honest.

Show me where Kerr claims to have signed Nash, drafted Amare, drafted Marion or signed Bell/Diaw.

Never mind that Kerr claims that he somehow had a plan for these players, smallball or otherwise.

You can't.

#64 D-rock, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    HP3 and clutchdabear like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

How many cherries do I have to put on top of this?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...riors-title-tell-mike-dantoni-hes-vindicated/

Alvin Gentry, former Asst. Coach under MDA, after his new team, the current GSW, win their first championship under Kerr.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/140192-kerr-to-blame-for-suns-slide

Is Steve Kerr To Blame for the Phoenix Suns' Slide?

Do you hear any player, coach or media member crediting Kerr?

#65 D-rock, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    FrontRunner, HP3 and clutchdabear like this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

end thread.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

You quoted me saying "I didnt say Kerr was responsible for 7SOL" and then your first statement is I'm tripping down my fake ass take that Kerr built the 7SOL? LOL!

Of course I wont show where Kerr signed Nash, Amare and Marion, Kerr was a consultant not the GM. How about you show me where Kerr had nothing to do with those signings instead even though he was a consultant and part owner? Cuz for him to "steal" the credit he must not have anything to do with MDA's vision right?

For someone who has nothing to do with small ball and apparently hates it why would he then flip around and go small ball when he went to GSW? Its even funnier you telling me nobody credits Kerr when its his freaking team that won the championship not MDA's.

P.S. Kerr also said SaS and Miami already vindicated MDA does that mean Popovich and Spoelstra owe their titles to MDA as well?

I'm not the who needs to apologize I'm not the one attacking random posters and flaunting my alleged wealth like it means something on a bball board.

#67 roslolian, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Learn to read, I presented everything to you in above post. If anyone was responsible for accumulating the players it was the Colangelos NOT Kerr.

Kerr was hands off for 3 years after the purchase. It was only when he became GM in 2007 that the Suns lost not only their identity but the very players responsible for their success.

In 2004, Arizona native Steve Kerr, along with a group of buying partners, acquired the Phoenix Suns from previous owner/GM and basketball guru, Jerry Colangelo.

After nearly three years of taking a hands-off role with the Suns organization and continuing his broadcasting and writing career, Kerr announced that he would be replacing Bryan Colangelo as Suns GM and head of basketball operations.

Admit that you were talking out of your ass or keep playing the fool. No skin off my nose.

HP3 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Are you still asserting that this is truth?

LOL

HP3 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rahathuq/2020/02/08/rockets-and-mike-dantoni-go-all-in-on-vision/

HP3 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Kerr had nothing to do with drafting Nash, Matrix, Amare or Diaw. Kerr had nothing to do with reacquiring Nash either. This occurred during Bryan Coangelo's tenure as GM and BEFORE Suns were purchased by ownership group that Kerr was minority partner.

Sale occurred in 2004 - Marion, Amare and Joe Johnson were already on the team. It was MDA and the Coangelos who decide to play their 5 best players, regardless of size. The new ownership targeted Kobe in FA, it was the Coangelo's, MDA and Sun's scout Rex Chapman who convinced them that Nash was the best and most realistic target for new system.

Kerr had NOTHING to do with D'Antoni system or acquiring the players before 2004. Facts.

The Coangelo's, especially Jerry, was considered a genius so why would he need Kerr's input especially in a system that Kerr never played in? Kerr was Suns broadcaster and former NBA journeyman, nothing at all special, when those players were drafted by the Suns.

The system that Kerr knew best was the Triangle, which was as far from D'Antoni's Fun and Gun system as you will ever find.

https://redhawkpropertymanagement.com/phoenix-suns-colangelos/

Kerr had jack shyte to do with acquiring the core players for 7 Seconds or Less Suns, let alone advancing the system in any way.

If anything Kerr killed that team - drove away the coach and cannibalized the players. Made them an old, less talented and much slower team practically overnight.

Making up lies to discredit D'Antoni just to puff up Kerr is pathetic.

FrontRunner and HP3 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

HP3 likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...uns-steve-nash-amare-stoudemire-nba/28545005/

2nd part of 2 part article. Highly recommended for any BB enthusiasts who love the game and appreciate its evolution.

Colangelo's, MDA, Nash - true revolutionaries.

Nash-Amare-Marion-QRich-Iso Joe before became Iso Joe.

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

taking credit? I don't think they give shlt.