1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW owner: Mark Jackson refused to hire good assistants, didn't know X's and O's, was disliked by a

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

He said about "200 people" in the organization didn't like him. He didn't say nobody liked him. 200 is still a ridiculous number though.

2. PeppermintCandy

Sounds like an awful soundbite for PR purposes, but probably an excellent speech about business decisions to give to a roomful of venture capitalists.

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see if Jackson gets another HC job after this. Can't remember an owner ever roasting a fired coach like this.

4. DappyDan

DappyDan Member

I'm really surprised how much fire Steve Kerr has in him. He yells at the refs when he thinks they're wrong and he got a scowl I never seen him wear as a player.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is kind of my question too.
    Dude was in the league for like 20 yrs
    and
    NEVER was an ultra athletic guy demended on a quick first step or leaping out of the gym

Jerky behavior from the owner IMO

Rocket River

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

They weren't even bad last season (51-31 w/l), and lost to 3rd seed Clippers in 7 games.

He should have waited to comment after this season, but I guess the opportunity was just too much to let go.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Unnecessary attention toward your good start.

8. CertifiedTroll

It is funny when Morey is the bad guy GM of the league..

Mark Jackson <<<<<<<< Royce White

Yet Morey handled it with way more class than the GSW Owner

9. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Jackson didn't like Bogut or Lee?

10. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

Man, that sucks #Clutchfansproblems

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Easy to trash a former coach when your historically unhealthy players are healthy and you're 16-2. (EDIT: Bogut has played in 100% of their games this year, but barely 50% of the games in his first two years in GS.)

It's not so much classless of Lacob as ignorant. He thought what he said to that room would mostly stay in that room, but that's not true in 2014 in the sports world.

I'll be interested to see if Jackson responds. I probably would if my former boss claimed 200 people disliked me. That's actually a ridiculous claim.

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

*** Mark Jackson

after how much of a b**** he was when the Rockets where about to set the record for 3's in a game he deserves this and more.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

mark jackson > kevin mchale

14. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Trolltastic post!

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It won't be interesting because Mark Jackson isn't about to get another NBA HC position (anytime soon).

16. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Was he that bad? I never been a huge follower of the Warriors. I was surprised when he got fired, thought he was doing a good job.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

a preacher getting caught up in a sex scandal with a stripper. i'm surprised he lasted as long as he did with the warriors.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Considering GS's offense was average with that many offensive players, I would say he was not very good. He did change the attitude over there, but he did not develop a scheme that fit his talent like McHale did/does.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lacob: &quot;I did attempt to reach out to Mark on Friday &amp; I certainly apologize for my comments &amp; any unintended harm.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/S0Tp1LX3ep">http://t.co/S0Tp1LX3ep</a></p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/541720984479625216">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>