1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW is a long term problem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rileydog, Jun 5, 2015.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Cmon dude not one time did I say he is top 10 or even top 50 right now. Did you go to school? can u read? Harden at his best was head and shoulders better than any stretch of ball from anyone this year. I already read all your posts and no you think harden is a 25 year mental midget and can't get better and is not good enough to win a ring. You have made that very clear over the past 3 months.

Did you know harden going Into the GSW series was avg numbers only attained by Larry bird. Not mj not lebron not Hakeem or Kobe only harden and bird. Sorry if I think this guy who's been in the playoffs all 6 years been to one finals and 3 WCFs and is only in his 3rd year starting. Two time 1st team all NBA player before 26 years of age. Those guys tend to be top 20 players of all time when it's all said and done and if harden can win a few chips and a mvp or two then you bet he would get some love for the top 10 that's how it works.

2. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Agreed. Draymond will probably get the max, but he's on the same tier as Horford or Noah type player. He'll never be a superstar like Anthony Davis or James Harden, or even tier two star like Melo.

Curry's salary is the problem because they can overpay for two more seasons to surround him with the best hustle roleplayers for their elite system. Barring a major injury, there's no reason for them not to be an elite contender for at least two more years, at which point Dwight will surely be past his athletic prime.

3. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

Wouldn't make a difference to Curry and Thompson; they regularly shoot deep beyond the 3-point line.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's their window. Two more years. And that's assuming they match Green's offer(I assume they will as long as Lee is taken off their hands) and re-sign Barnes in 2016(likely, but not guaranteed). But they'll lose Barbosa this summer and possibly Speights. And then Ezeli is likely gone next offseason since they'll have to spend a ton on Barnes' new deal.

The Warriors will still be very good after 2017 since they'll likely have the core of Curry, Thompson, Green, and Barnes, but their depth will have to be sacrificed in order to retain all those guys. That's what made them into the 67-win monster they were this season. How insanely deep(and healthy) they were at each position.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Who would take Lee off of their hands and why? Possibly if they give somebody like the 76ers three first round picks they'd consider it, but they're going to be bad first round picks. But the only reason to trade for David Lee's expiring contract is to clear out longer term contracts. Well that wouldn't help Golden State's salary cap situation, would it?

So the only other reason is because they're packaging Lee with other assets that a team that is very far under the cap values. And since their picks will likely be 30th and 60th, what do they have to sweeten the deal?

I really can't name a team that would just want to pay David Lee 15 million dollars.

This problem is the biggest reason I can see it being at least something of a possibility they aren't able to match what Draymond Green is offered. They'll be operating DEEP into the luxury tax if they max out Green.

6. Major

Major Member

This is just silly. No one can predict what the NBA will look like 3 years from now. More than half the players in the league will be on new contracts and tons of new stars will be born. No one has any idea where any of those players will be playing. Just look at the NBA 3 years ago and look how different it was from today.

7. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

If Durant goes to Washington next year, I could see them being the next "it" team.

Wall-Durant-Beal. That's a nice trio.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They'll find someone to take Lee off their hands. They'll have to give up some draft picks in order for that to happen, but with 29 other teams in the league, someone will bite. It only took one first rounder to get the Lakers to take Lin off our hands and he was due to make nearly as much as Lee in the final year of his deal.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

90 percent of those screens are "moving" violations. Unless the refs blow the whistle, they will continue to do so.

10. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Notwithstanding injuries to key players, GSW will be a locomotive for years to come, which pains me as I feel the Rockets' window is at most three more years with Dwight on the decline. They've lucked into very fortunate cap dynamics. They can lock in Green at a rate lower than he would command when the cap goes up in a couple years. Curry is still on one of the best contracts in the league and they already locked up Klay this past year for a while. Losing depth will be a small issue, but I believe in the philosophy that if you can cement your core, the ancillary pieces will follow, so they can find replacements for the Speights, Barbosas, Ezelis of the world. It's unlikely GSW will win the championship every year, but they will be a force to be reckoned with year in and year out. OKC coming back at full strength next year I think will be their biggest challenge.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think some people here are way underrating what Bogut brings to the table for them. He's a big reason they are as dominant as they are...even if he plays 25 minutes a game.

Warriors will be beast mode for at least the next 5-6 years, if not more.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

People don't realize he as injured and played hurt his entire career right from being the # 1 draft pick in 2005. Some claim him to be a draft bust because of this but not injured he surprising has a great motor and even owned Dwight on many occasions athletic-wise and on has the passing ability to create for others.

Despite all that GSW got away with so many fouls and screens the first 2 games while the Rox lost points from improper out of bounds calls etc. The Rox would have won games 1 and 2 if the game was called better and probably the series.. The Warriors are not that good and got lucky. If want to see real good, the Spurs are it and even the Clippers are better than GSW.. Nobody in this league can guard Griffin the way he is.