1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW is a long term problem

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rileydog, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How much did they score?

When he was out for 15 games
    They went 9-6
    40% of there losses

9/15 = .60% winnign percentage
    82 * .6 = 49.2 wins

TRUE it would not be that direct but . .. . it does say Bogut is very important

Rocket River

2. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Ahh, thought he was straight up UFA, didn't realize it was restricted.

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Hard to argue a player who plays 23 minutes per game to another who plays 31 minutes as more critical to that team's success.

And now in the playoffs Bogut only averaging 24 minutes to Draymond's 37.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

This isn't anything new though, in fact as far "meta" is considered I think the current one is way better than the old generation where you had Spurs, Lakers, Utah and Dallas all with players in their primes. Now, the new gen only has OKC (who is missing Harden), GSW, Portland and Clipps as threats.

While GSW has had a hell of a season I don't think they will continue this kind of dominance for long, for one thing Bogut and Curry are extremely injury prone and I don't know how their health will hold up next year when they pretty much had a marathon season. There's also the issue of $$$, we'll see how much Draymond Green and Barnes command in the open market and their rookie contracts are up.

With that said I'd rather see GSW win than a team like the Spurs (again) or Dallas. At least GSW is entertaining as **** to watch, and Curry is a great role model for aspiring bballers since he plays the game the right way, tries on defense, and doesn't ISO for a mid range J.

Maybe this season will teach LBJ not to meddle too much in the FO, if the Cavs didn't trade Wiggins for Love he wouldn't be in this mess.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Bogut gets injured what happens when Green has to sit to rest? I doubt they would still league the if Ezili has to man everything all alone.

6. houseofglass21

This team is the reason the NBA needs to move the 3 point line back.

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

They have to try to trade lee somewhere. They are a great disciplined team but a healthy Durant , Westbrook, and Ibaka would beat them. I think San Antonio as well.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Every team but the Warriors dealt with injuries this year. They will not win 60 games year after year.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Their very good and had a hell of a season, in fact it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they won 60 games next season also in fact I would bet money on it. With that said their not the showtime lakers their not the Larry Bird celtics or the shaq/Kobe lakers, They are beatable. The rockets were missing two starters who regardless what people want to say would have made a hige difference in the GSW series. The fact is game 1 and 2 were 3 possessions away from us being us 2-0 we blew them out in game 4 and even game 5 was close till the end were it got away and that's with harden playing awful.

Talent wins and they have a lot of it but they also have a team that has played together for 3+ years no changes. Houston shuffles every 40 games lol and that's something that eventually has to change. I still think Harden is the better player to Curry and Im a rockets homer so that is biased bit also not far fetched. I want to see Harden with a klay Thompson shooter slasher on the other side before I right houston off with this current team.

I know this, Harden at his best is a top 20 maybe even top 10 player all time. Look at the stretch I belive before or maybe after Allstar break for 20 something games. He's unstoppable, Curry just isn't capable. Harden needs help so he can conserve energy because theirs no doubt that he didn't have that extra step come playoffs from carrying the load. It's no different then what lebron went through his first 6 years in the league. He him help and Harden will avg 28-30ppg with 7 and 7 shooting 50/40/90. I called his 27/7/6 season in the offseason so I kinda know what I'm talking about lol.

10. ibm

ibm Member

^^

"I know this, Harden at his best is a top 20 maybe even top 10 player all time."

lmao. no offense, but can your homerism be any bigger?

http://www.nba.com/history/features/nba-at-50-players/index.html

this is the list of the nba 50 all time great. and this list doesnt incl. names like tim duncan, kobe bryant, lebron james, etc.

so you're saying harden is already better than the vast majority of those players? i dont believe any sane people can say that.

for just one example... do you know nate archibald once led the league in both scoring and assists in a season (sth. like 34 ppg, 11+ apg)? think about that for a second, if you can.

harden already top 10 all time,,, lol. thanks for a good laugh.

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

All it takes is one Curry injury for their long-term dynasty to end. He's not the most durable player either.

13. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

They're a great team but I don't think they can beat a healthy OKC team in the playoffs. Westbrook gives Curry problems all the time and no one on Warriors can match up with Durant. Ibaka is athletic enough to be out on the perimeter guarding Draymond. OKC's bench has potential to be better than the Warriors' bench but depends on how they fit into the system. At this point it will boil down to the dumb hire of Billy Donovan's coaching vs Steve Kerr's coaching, which has surprisingly been good.

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

If they lose Curry they become marginally worse. They are still contenders

15. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

ORLY

how about one harden injury, or one Anthony Davis injury, or one lebron injury?

Take the best player off of any future contender and they've got problems

16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry makes 11 mil/yr til 2017. That is the real problem.

Considering the new trend of scrubs getting maxed, Draymond will deserve a max offer this offseason, and if GSW matches, it will make Curry the 5th highest paid player on the team.

17. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

We thought the same of the Thunder. Now they are one Kevin Durant leaving away from being another lottery team.

Free agency does it to everyone. If they keep green they may be on to something. But, I feel like as soon as he gets paid, green will take the foot of the gas.

18. xaos

xaos Member

I thought, along with many people, that OKC was going to dominate the whole decade. Things can happen.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Curry is a long term problem.

The rest of the guys are good but it doesn't work without him

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I said at his best can u read? Look at his numbers for February and January and tell me Kobe wade anyone of them has played better than that. I didn't say he is he is the best. He avg 28 7/7 one 55/45/88 for 25 plus games. If that's not top 20 maybe top 10 basketball ever then sorry. He's it too 50 right now, I know this I'm just stating that at his best which is more than 5 games yes he has performerd extremely high and a level not met by but 20 other players.