1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grizzlies Getting Some Love from Bill Simmons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Nov 21, 2007.

1. what

what Member

Preseason prediction: 42 wins (seventh) Revised prediction: 35 wins
    [+] Enlarge
    Mike Conley

Sam Forencich/NBAE/Getty Images

The Grizzlies need to get out of the way and let Conley do what he did for Greg Oden.
    The best collection of "guys who you'd like on their own, just not on this particular team." I'm not kidding, I like every player on their roster right down to Brian Cardinal and Casey Jacobsen and Tarence Kinsey. They don't have a single stiff from 1 through 15, and the only overpaid guy on the roster is Cardinal (handed a lucrative contract by a temporarily senile Jerry West, who mistakenly confused the balding Cardinal with Bob Pettit).

So what do they need? First, they need to deal Damon Stoudamire so Kyle Lowry and Mike Conley Jr. can play. (Note: I'd call them the best pair of young point guards in the league, but I don't feel like sifting through 2,500 e-mails from the crazy Raptor Truthers. So let's just call them "very promising.") Second, they should deal Stro Swift's expiring contract in that same Stoudamire deal so Hakim Warrick can play. (Wouldn't an Orlando trade work with Stoudamire and Swift for expiring contracts and a lottery-protected pick?) And third, they should do NOTHING else unless they can somehow acquire Jorge Garbajosa to watch Univision with Pau Gasol and Juan Carlos Navarro. Treat this roster like it's a frozen pizza -- in other words, don't pull it out of the oven until the crust is nice and crispy and the cheese has some dark-brown splotches on it.

2. Dei

Dei Member

What? Where's the love?