1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Griffin, MoT, KT...whose better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by off_welfare, Jul 17, 2002.

Tags:
  1. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Yeah but how do you know Mo would have more value next summer then KT has now? KT is a great player, he is just to short to play PF IMO. The Rockets wont use him at the SF, so we should trade now, I just dont know for who. Mo and Eddie are a very solid tandem at the 4, and Nachbar and Rice should do the job at the 3. We really dont need KT and I dont see the point in waiting to trade.

2. New Jack

New Jack Member

I like the Griffin/Kenny tandem more then the Griffin/Taylor tandem. I think Kenny's game is more well suited to coming off the bench then Mo. Mo is paid too much, and I think is too good a player to be a bench player. I say keep both of them, let Taylor show he can still play, and trade him for expiring contracts. Then next offseason you sign Kenny to a cheap contract since he most likely will not have as good a season as he had last year.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eddie,if given the minutes will go 20 and 10 with 2-3 blocks/game.Let's face it the guy is a stud.From 20,he's going to put on weight as he grows and works out.Eddie should become a beast defensively and offensively on the blocks.Put this with his silky touch....His upside is outasight -- top five player..IMO

4. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I agree completley, it will just take a few years untill Eddie reaches that level. Untill then, Mo is a very dependable starter.

5. Sane

Sane Member

Guys, I was thinking, I don't like Mo T or KT because both are destined to be backups. I was actually thinking the other day, can we trade both? I came up with this idea. Of course, this has to be after a full preseason for Mo T in which he shows he's not permanently affected by his injury. Full health, full jump, at elast same game. Here we go:

Mo T
    KT

for

Tyrone Hill

What do you guys think? I think Hill is the perfect guy for Griffin to play with. He can learn a bit more tips on defense, rebounding, toughness. Griffin gets good minutes, and Hill gets good minutes too. Hill's contract ends next year, btw, which is perfect for us, since he makes so much money.

The only question is whether or not Cleveland will do this. Then I realized another incentive to this. Not many people sign with Cleveland as FA's, so they can really fill some holes with this trade.

To me, the trade seems unbalanced and doesn't work out yet salary-wise either. But I think thsi is perfect for both teams:

MoT
    KT
    Mooch

for

TyHill
    2005 pick (protected)

Thats a good deal on both sides. We get the perfect PF to play with Griff. We lose the logjam. We clear lots of salary. They get a young PF, their backup PG that they've been looking for for ages, and KT who can help them short term and long term if they want. He's actually a good addition since he'd help them while Mo T gets to full fitness.

What do you guys think?

You can play with picks and stuff, but teh basic idea is resolving our PF situation while getting a very experienced PF that plays EXACTLY the type of game we need while coming off the books when Griffin is a stud.

Thoguhts?

6. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I don't know Tyrone Hill...but it does a lot for us as far as our cap situation goes. This would work as long as we are confident that we have the 3 under control. If none of our 3s work out, we would need to have MoT or KT to trade for a 3 in the future.

Would Cleveland do it though? How good is Tyrone Hill?

7. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

KT- Solid player, could be a great complimentary player once Stevie, Cat, Eddie, Ming gel. Can eitehr start or come of fthe bench and contract is not too pricey. Maybe smallish for a PF butr plays hard defensively.

MoT- I don't think he fits in with the nucleus of Stevie-Cat-EG-Ming. He needs the ball to be effective (not a good rebounder or defender). Contract may limit any trade possibility.

EG- Tons of potential. I honestly don't see him as a bit time scorer (20+) just because of the other talent on the team. Also if he continues to grow (wider) could also play C and is still quick enough now to play SF, so he is versatile. He can rebound and has the potential to be a good defender. Will be an All-Star type player (18 pts-11rbs-3 blks) in the coming years.

We do have a glut of talent at PF, but keep in ming Eddie can also get some of his minutes at SF/C. I would love to see MoT moved but not sure what we would ge tin return, most likely another over paid player with limited value to us.

KT is a keeper. He can be a complementary player to our future stars, not deamand the ball and do th edirty work either as a stared or 6th man.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I Like KT. But I think EG is the future.
    I think in terms of talent and hustle Mo Tay is the Odd Man out.

In terms of tradability - KT is the odd man out.
    EG - WON'T BE TRADED
    Mo Tay - CANNOT BE TRADED

Rocket River

Tyrone Hill - JJ from good times on the court. . . . I would have no part of him. Isn't he undersized.

#28 Rocket River, Jul 18, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2002
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't think Cleveland would send Tyrone because the Cavs are trying to dump salary. Tyrone is entering the final year of his contract.

1. KT. Quick, strong. Good defender. Too short. Better off in the East. Will be a Rocket at least until the 6th game of the regular season.

2. Mo-T. Great shot, can put it on the floor, so-so D, shoots from outside so no rebounds. Good "alley-ooper" (to backdoor-cutting Francis). Will be the starter.

3. EG. With a couple more seasons, will rock. Getting there. Only 20 years old...20!!! Will make Mo an expensive backup, barring a later trade of Mo.