1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greivis Vasquez

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, Jan 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Vasquez is solid, but his numbers certainly are inflated.

The system they run always has been very PG friendly (see: Jarrett Jack, Darren Collison) and the Hornets stats keepers can be... "generous" at times. Have been over the past, anyway.

It also helps playing with guys like Anderson and Smith that some defenses would rather stay with than prevent Vasquez from turning the corner. The Rockets were for example were just jamming or going up and under (along with some illegal hooking :)) in pick&pop situations with Anderson all game.

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

"Good stats on a bad team" are you people really this ignorant? So his great court vision is only being emphasized because his team sucks? also, being a good player on a bad team means one thing: the defense is going to focus more on you

3. Genuine

Genuine Member

Greivis Vasquez is a really solid player. I've been a fan of his since his Maryland days. Dude has high basketball IQ, good vision, just a natural born baller.
    Athletically he's no freak, just a smart, solid player.
    Imo

4. Genuine

Genuine Member

Wow, I've been a member here for almost 10 years, I just noticed that. I must have joined when I was 14 yrs old. That's awesome. :grin:

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He did this last season when Jack would get injured.

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

He has a great shooting touch and good handles, good mobility/footwork, you can tell he wants to win and do well. He has good height.. not sure about his strength though against more physical guards.

He can clearly run the point.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope you post more in the next 10 years ;)

8. Gertso

Gertso Member

I secretly nabbed him and Larry Sanders up in my fantasy league. I'll never lose blocks and assists...NEVER!!!

9. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

solid shooter and good size for his postion. Most teams will have a spot for a big pg that can hit threes at a 40% clip.

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Thought it was an unusual and bad trade for the Grizzlies when it was made...now it looks criminally bad.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Feel like Eric Gordon will take up more of the ball handling time now that he is getting back into rotation which will essentially make Vasquez a spot up shooter. Let's see how this unfolds doe.