1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The kid played great. Hope the injury is not serious.

2. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I guess most people haven't been following Smith and Rockets preseason closely. Didnt surpise me at all with his performance tonight.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7271863&postcount=51
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7265430&postcount=12

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Agree 100%. Smith looked tough as well. Pistons were playing rough, and he pushed back. We need that, especially as a young team. The two bubble players I really wanted to keep coming out of preseason were Smith and Livingston (sorry to keep mentioning him again).

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He's going to challenge Tyson Chandler for the FG% title this year.

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

You're right about old Phoenix rookie Amare, but if you watched the Knicks last year, you'll know that Smith's defense and rebounding are significantly better than the Amare of today. I watched all of the Knicks games last year, admitteldy because of Lin. I'll take two defense stops and a tough boxout on a key rebound over a highlight dunk any day of the week.

6. Nook

Nook Member

He looked like a rotation player but he did not play as well as Asik.... The defensive presences are waaaaay different.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Looks like Aldrich may get a chance to earn himself a spot.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Is Smith ok? Any news.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Smith is an interesting player. I'm fine with him backing up the 5 and I hope he's OK.

What I'm not fine with is Morris playing instead of the rookies. Would rather see Motiejunas or Jones out there.

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

love his explosive dunks

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

At least he has improved, Bullard hit it right on the head when he said Greg didn't play big last year. This year, he looks more physical, more agile, less nervous, can actually score and shoot FTs so if he keeps improving, play the man.

12. DDuana

DDuana Member

Hmm, so what is the news on his injury? It would break my heart to see an all-heart and hustle former D-Leaguer to get seriously injured in his first NBA game.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He is improving. But I'm still not sold on him as a rotation difference maker over a bit bench player.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Agreed. Asik is God-like with his defense.

15. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

His size is something we don't have and need for a backup. Regardless of anything else.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's a sexy b****. Look at that hand gesture on the right pic. Uummmmmkkayyyy.

17. conquistador#11

He runs the floor well, has improved his footwork tremendously and he even showed an arsenal of moves..ok may be not arsenal, but a baby hook shot something even 10 year vets playing that position don't have cough tyson chandler cough.

18. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Any news on his injury? I hope he gets to back up Asik for 20 minutes or so. He's earned it!

Is Cole any good? I'm not crazy about this package of scrubs from the Thunder. I wish Rockets had waived Cook instead of Livingston.

19. koopa

koopa Member

Lol Greg smith is gay?

20. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

HAHAHA. Thought this was hilarious for some reason. Hope the kid's OK. His big body and hustle are valued immensely on the squad this season.