1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Popovich, thoughts?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by haydenfisher342, Jun 7, 2013.

1. haydenfisher342

I have a feeling Coach Pop will be retiring after the 2014 season. With his almost 2 decade long assistant leaving for a head coaching job with Atlanta, and aging TD, TP, Manu, I think its coming to an end. I dont think its new to peoples minds im just bringing it up because amazing coaches have come and gone quickly, im suggesting to cherish it. Im being sentimental because Grant Hill retiring, and Jason Kidd, all players I grew up watching. btw I still have his Mav jersey from way way way back in the day. I hope Pop gets another extension, I have so much respect for him and the organization.
    After listening to td and especially tony parker after game 1. ( If you havent watched please do, they have so much respect for pop, and he sounds like the perfect coach to play for.) http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2013/06/07/20130607-finals-parker.nba/index.html

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Everyone thought Sloan would retire with Stockton and Malone
    So . . . I dunno.
    The question is will he retire as coach and just be the GM

Rocket River

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I take Pop at his word when he says he's leaving with TD, which could happen next summer or the year after.

It's hard to believe TD, TP and Manu have all played their entire careers under Pop, including the last 11 years together. Amazing.

While I've rooted against them the vast majority of the time, the Spurs have earned my respect.