1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Oden's pro debut

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by topfive, Jul 6, 2007.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

that photo never gets old.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What I meant was the dominating advantage he had in college won't be there as much in the NBA. His athleticism is off the charts and most of the baby boys he played against in college had no chance. In the NBA, every night there will be someone on the floor who is just as strong as he is and the athletic advantage is narrowed quite a bit. In other words, he will have to use more skill and effort in the NBA to be successful because big strong bodies abound.

3. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Give the Ogre some time, he'll get better. :p

4. BBall Scientist

Maybe his age finally caught up with him.

5. khimmatramka16

Does anyone have information on how Duncan, Howard, Amare (i think he did great), in there first summer league games?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Either Greg Oden shrunk, or that chick is like 6'9".

Or that isn't Greg Oden.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Oden looked better today. Had a very nice bank/scoop shot and-1 near the end. 13 pts/5 rebs. He also had 9 fouls. He'll have to get used to NBA officials. When considering great centers of the past, the announcers compared Oden to Bill Russell.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm watching the replay now and he looks like he's pretty much having his way with DeSagna Diop, who is an NBA center. He is simply too strong and too fast to be guarded by him. I would be very happy if I was a Blazer fan.

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

He talks about that photo here. He also talks about nicknames and he says he's a Transformers fan (undeniable evidence that he's older than 19).