1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Monroe, our solution.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SuperBeeKay, Mar 11, 2010.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I know many of us are very high on Bosh signing as a pipedream, but I think differently. I think we really need a Chris Webber/Miller type player like in Adelman's Sacramento days. Currently, theres only a few players in the league who fit this passing big man mold, one of them being Miller, Jeff Green, Gallinari, and the other being Lamar Odom.

Well folks, I've watched Georgetown play several times this year and I'm completely sold on Greg Monroe.

This year he's averaging 16.0 points, 9.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 3.3 TOs (bit high) ,1.2 Stls, 1.5 blocks per game.

He's extremely mobile and has great handled. He runs the court well and hes great moving around into open spaces.

I really think we need to get this guy... imagine having a Chris Webber like player on this team. While I'm not asking for a rookie like him to dorp 20 points a game like Webber used to, the impact of having a true 6 foot 10 inches bigman who can pass, drive, pop up a midrange and move around is a dream come true..

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

too bad we won't lose enough games to draft him.

3. Htown's2kFinest

Chris Webber after knee surgeries maybe, ...maybe. Ain't trying to hate but he's not even close to what Chris Webber was before his knees gave out. Brad Miller is a closer comparison. But one knock on him is his D. I wish he could block a few more shots for someone his size. I think it would be better if we went for someone like Cousins, Whiteside, Sanders, or Udoh.

4. Htown's2kFinest

and of course Favors and Aldrich should be on the list too.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I wouldn't say Aldrich. Favors yes but hes a top 5 pick. No way we get him. Monroe on the other hand is projected to go at about our range.

I'd say Cousins is one but he seems like he has a poor attitude and can't run the floor as well. Doesn't have the dribbling either.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BVI0VwDy0Fg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BVI0VwDy0Fg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He can run the floor for his size. He's a Center thought and not a PF.

His attitude has gotten better as the season has progressed too.

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Wow, I wasn't aware Cousins was capable of that!! :eek:

--RB

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Cousins handles the ball extremely well for a man of his size, which draws Amare comparisons although he not even close to Amare's level in terms of pure athleticism and explosiveness.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think he's going to be a PF in the NBA... in fact when they list him in the starting lineup they have him as a F not a C :)

The tournament games will tell us if he really has matured... he and Bledsoe both tend to let their emotions get to them!

10. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

Id LOVE Bosh but I am very high on Monroe hes the Big in this draft I hope we can get

that being said drafting a young PF wont get us into title contention immediately, we are in win now mode and not drafting a youngin is more of a 'we will be contenders in a few couple years' statement

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Cousins reminds me of Zach Randolph more than anyone else. He's got a ton of offensive skills and crashes the offensive boards like crazy but the rest of his game is a kind of uneven.

As for Monroe, it seems like he could be in range of our pick. The Rockets will probably end up with a pick between #11-14 while Monroe is projected at #10 on espn and nbadraft.net and #13 on draftexpress.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well that is true on the first part.

I'm not as worried about Cousins attitude as I am Bledsoe's attitude. Bledsoe just doesn't look like he's having fun out there anymore like he did the first half of the season.

I saw a rumor posted on the UK Rivals MB that Bledsoe will leave after this year for the draft because his family needs him to. A lot of members shot it down but someone said the person that said it was it close to his family.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't see that at all in terms of comparing him to Randolph. Randolph has more of an outside game than Cousins while Cousins is more abusing down on the block.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I like Monroe's game. I have some concerns with his so-so athleticism, defense and rebounding (although he's improved dramatically in this regard) but obviously no prospect at this stage in the game is perfect. If he's available when we pick it will be VERY hard to pass up on him.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Monroe has games where he really disappears. Won't be much of a shot blocker in the NBA as he's very average athletically. Has some nice skills but someone needs to put some hot sauce in his food to fire this cat up!

16. Hayesfan

I think Eric took the end of the Vandy game in Nashville personally. When he had the ball with the last seconds left on the clock in regulation Cal called a time out and basically said in the presser that if John had the ball he would have let him go, but since it was Eric he called a time out.

Eric's confidence took a hit there and he hasn't recovered yet.

I hope that's not true about him "needing" to leave for the draft. Buike had that problem and it set him back quite a bit (though I don't think Eric will go undrafted like Buike did) and I'd hate to see that happen to Bledsoe too.

17. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

See I had no idea, but from the Kentucky games I've watched, he's been more a bruiser inside. Not saying you are wrong, but thats just one clip.. I haven't seen him dribble like that before but then again yao ming could do that too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IuqUlh6Y84s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IuqUlh6Y84s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well I'm mostly comparing their mentalities and how they put most of their effort into scoring and crashing the offensive boards. And the fact that they're both a little chunky doesn't hurt the resembalance.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

funny how a thread about Greg Monroe turned into a Cousins thread.

20. Hayesfan

sorry for the derail ;)