1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Brown

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by VoR, Apr 21, 2021.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He ain't no Greg Smith

GS was an OG

Jwise44 likes this.
  2. raining threes

Jones

Nook likes this.
  3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Agreed although the meltdown at the end of the season hurt his stock quite a bit on it's own IMO. Brown late in the 1st would be a no brainer though.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Greg Brown needs a LOT of work. At this point he is a really good athlete but that is about it. He was exposed defensively and his attitude is a negative.

Not even sure I would take him late in the 1st. He is more of a 2nd rounder to me.

BallaDoc and King1 like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nook , who do you think should be the Rockets choice with the 18th pick, if we drop out of the top 4? I don't think Greg Brown is ready either. He seems to have some tools that he can work with.

We need to take a swing. A safe guy won't work.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Moses Moody if he is there

BallaDoc and raining threes like this.
  7. saleem

Thanks. He's a solid player.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  8. raining threes

Has size to play the wing.

Nook and saleem like this.
  9. saleem

Yes. He is quite versatile as well.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  10. raining threes

I dont know much about him but he had a bad last game in the NCAA Tourney.

Nook likes this.
  11. saleem

I know he did. This may make him slide down to 18. He would be a solid pickup, despite that. He works hard. Playing with pros in practice could help his development.

Nook likes this.
  12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We need to find a 6’10 shot blocker off the bench!

D-rock likes this.
  13. saleem

Isaiah Jackson fits the bill.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Spooner

Spooner Member

If we are taking a flyer on someone, especially a big with our later picks, I would rather target Ariel Hukporti.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I still take a chance on Brown with 1 of the 3 FRP.

His athleticism and length are too enticing not to take a chance on.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. saleem

He seems slow to me.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That guy seems like a bit of a black hole... you give it to him on offense and he's going to shoot it. He's busy defensively, terrible creator (if we exclude space created by sweet shooting), fits right into the part of the draft we have zero access to right now: 5th - 18th... I'm not sure I'd put any of my heart into him unless he falls to 18th. He's certainly not worth trading up or down for, but his perimeter defense appears to be legit.

Modern college players are so unselfish. Surely we can find an unselfish team guy lower in the draft with real size to protect the rim. Moody's upside seems to be a little sweeter shooting and equally light in the pants: Kelly Oubre.

Nook likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

If they take him late I am not going to be upset.

I just know he needs a lot of work on both sides of the ball and he doesn't have the best reputation.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Moses Moody isn't perfect as a basketball player. He is going to be more of a shooter at the NBA level and I agree with you that he isn't much of a creator. He also has a lot of defensive upside. He moves well and at 6'6" has a wingspan well over 7'0". He is likely going to be a shooter/scorer at the NBA level. He has the mechanics to be a good 3 point shooter and can put the ball on the floor enough to be more than a shooter, but also a scorer. His lateral quickness is okay but not great. He is a good rebounder though.

I see him as a #3-4 starter on a really good team. He is kind of like Harrison Barnes.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With Moody, all the mock drafts ive seen recently have going between 5 and 10, so Im not sure he's going to be there at that point.

I dont have a problem with Hukporti's athleticism. He just looks painfully raw to me - he looks like a guy who has an extremely limited feel for basketball and doesnt know how to play like a big guy. He holds the ball down around his waist, and makes decisions with how he carries the ball in the post that look "not big". Theres a little too much Bruno Caboclo "four years away from being four years away" potential there.

Id look at Bassey, or even Day'Ron Sharpe first even though Sharpe looks like the anthesis of what the Rockets seem to want in a big guy.

To me, when you look at a guy who needs a ton of work like Brown, attitude is the deciding factor. Obviously dont know Brown up close, but based on what i do know, Im not sure i'd want to literally bet millions of dollars on him taking coaching and putting in the work.

#40 Ottomaton, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021