1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greene/Dorsey Press Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Might as well change the thread title to Dorsey Press Conference.

2. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Hey Clutch,

Did Rick Adleman have anything to say about the draft picks. The videos do not seem to highlight much of that...

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Anything about Greene? ...

4. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

yep, what about Greene :rolleyes:

5. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

He moves pretty well for Alley Oops but he is not a shooter. I think the biggest thing he will give us is better defense on the pick and Roll and Okur is not getting a rebound over Joey. I am liking this pick more and more. I am on the bandwagon.

6. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

after watching the clips Clutch posted of the press conference, all i can say is, I am in love with Joey Dorsey. Great attitude, you have to love a guy who calls himself, "Ray Lewis with a basketball."
    This kid is going to be fun to watch, the Rox haven't had a real beast on the inside in a while, Chuck Hayes a strong man, but I have a feeling Joey Dorsey is going to show us a whole other level toughness!

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dorsey seems to fill the enforcer role some of us have been pleading for every since the Tmac/Yao experiment began. If Morey is saying Dorsey was the best defender in college last season then it would appear he will undoubtedly work his way into the rotation some time this season.

And I agree this is the goodbye, Chuck, move.

Hayes/Head/Jackson for SG/SF scorer to be named later?

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

He's posting the entire conference later.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Dorsey makes Matt Harpring shies away like a girl.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Great work as always Clutch. I was a big fan of Dorsey while he was at Memphis...a big, tough player who plays A LOT bigger than 6'7". I love what he brings on the defensive front and the fact that he's as tough as nails.

I think Dorsey will become a fan favorite really fast.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Cool - glad you guys liked that. I took the questions down from the suggestions thread, but some were answered specifically and the only one I got in was asking Donte about how he compared himself to T-Mac and what it was like to now be his NBA teammate.

He kind of laughed off the comparison now, saying he compared himself more to Rashard Lewis.

One other kind of funny thing was the ending, where Dorsey was asked what story he would write about his upcoming Rockets season, and he said, "I'm going to try to add to that 22-game winning streak."

Morey mumbled right after "in the playoffs". Dorsey laughed and said that's right -- in the playoffs.

I'm uploading the full press conference from home now ... but you'll need to have about 17 minutes to burn to watch it (will be in two parts).

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I like Dorsey. I like his confidence and what he can bring. I just hope he's not overconfident and will work hard. I think he brings a lot of toughness and won't be afraid to get into people's faces, which is good because the Rockets have a reputation as a soft team. I also think he can contribute right away due to him being older than most rookies (24 yrs old) and therefore having a more developed physique. Let's just hope other teams don't employ the hack-a-dorsey.

13. Classic

Classic Member

Wow, Dorsey is impressive. Windmill dunks on the break? This guy is a beast. He will look great next to Yao. Let's hope that Landry works on his game this summer and can take some minutes at the 3 spot...

14. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

How can people worry about Dorsey not working hard?

Just look at his body. That's evidence of working hard.

15. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Dorsey will soon have the chance to take another shot at Oden. Hope he won't blow it this time. :D

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, He got into the NBA for working hard because he obviously has no apparent offensive game(outside of fat ballsack dunks). He will be a workhorse......

17. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

[Rockets.com] Press Conference and Fritz's Interviews with Greene and Dorsey up

I can't post the exact link to media player, so go to www.rockets.com and Jason's interviews and the entire press conference are on the front page

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, here is the amateur version of it :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8D9EaqHBEI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8D9EaqHBEI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hkiR0HQ0edw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hkiR0HQ0edw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

Morey's quip back at Dorsey, while clever, seemed a little too playful... It made it seem like Morey is still impressed by players and personalities.

It's not such a bad thing, but it struck me as overly playful and casual. But Les was laughing his ass off at it, so who am i to say....

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch!