1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green Suspended for game 5

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SORF, Jun 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA's inconsistent and uneven enforcement of its own rules lends credence to the conspiracy theories. I like the Warriors, but they (particularly Green and Bogut) get away way more physical play than their opponents.

Green is punching, kicking, and tackling players without a whistle blown. To punish him now that the winner is all but determined doesn't mean much. Punish him while there is still **** on the line.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

People on clutchfans just like to b****.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The NBA is not rigged. Your life is rigged by your own ignorance.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nice.

Klay is trying to spin this as "the Warriors constantly deal with the worst of it, but Lebron can't handle it".

Kerr is trying to spin this as "unjustly targeting Green because the limit is easier to hit in deeper rounds", as if Green's behavior has been no different than the average player. What a deflection strategy!

This whole team has a narcissism disorder. Yes, they're insanely talented, but why must people continue to express such shock when people don't like them, or act like it must take such malice to dislike them?

The whole team could run for president and win today, because they are skilled in putting on a show - in every way.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Well deserved but ths scumbag should have been suspended way earlier and for much longer than 1 game

6. what

what Member

If this was 3-3 series, you are going to tell me that Draymond gets suspended for that?

The league is just doing what is convenient. They know their product sucks, and they want to "engineer" at least a game 6 to make it appear competitive.

1 person likes this.
  7. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

NBA is an entertainment business.

I laugh at those ppl spending way too much energy and money in it.

Never take the NBA too seriously. It is an entertainment. It is a show, slightly real than WWE

8. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Now that he is suspended, we shall see who steps up on the Dubs without their so-called "Emotional Leader." But in all seriousness, why does he like to kick & punch people in the Nuts? lol

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if Green likes the tactics as much as he likes the effect his has on the opponents. Green gets open shots for this team, gets rebounds, gets defensive stops, and gets opponents heads out of the game with these tactics. He is like a Dennis Rodman cheap shot artist.

When he punched LeBron in the nuts, he took LeBron out of the play. He also won a foul against LeBron when LeBron retaliated. If you can get away with it (and he frequently does) it is a good strategy. WWE-ish. But the NBA allows it.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sources: Draymond Green pushing to attend Game 5

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Funny how many people think "the NBA sucks", yet spend their free time posting on an NBA-themed message board.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the warriors will still win so this isn't a big deal. also, while the nba didn't technically suspend him, their decision to upgrade this to a flagrant knowing what it means essentially means they decided to suspend him and puts the level of the decision on par with not suspending him for the adams kick. he should have been suspended for both.

on the one hand, i agree with kerr. it seems wrong to have the same point system for 1 round or 4 rounds. on the other hand, single (or even double) round penalties might be tough. you would probably need 3 flagrant points otherwise every flagrant 2 would result in suspension, and getting 3 flagrant points for each round is ridiculous. while it's weird to have the same penalties for 1 round or making it to the finals, 4 flagrant points and 7 technicals aren't exactly small numbers. the playoffs are 1/4 of the season even for finals teams, so you're looking at 16 flagrant points and/or 28 technicals. i personally don't really want people suspended for technicals, but i understand why the league doesn't like the look of a rasheed wallace getting 41 technicals a year so i see why it's there and 7 technicals is fairly easy to avoid.

13. MONON

MONON Member

Sometimes I look in the mirror & yell "I D I OT" for doing that. Then I go right back to the laptop & log on. I can't help myself!

Maybe we should write congress to legislate the NBA out of sports & into the entertainment business along with movies & WWE. I meanthe already have the refs for the WWE.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Kerr is wrong. The purpose of the rule is to discourage players from doing foul stuff by having them accumulate points. You shouldn't give players more leeway because they advance. Kinda against the point.

15. ibm

ibm Member

genius. :grin:

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree, he should've received multiple games for his behavior in the OKC series.

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i kind of agree with kerr but in the opposite direction. i think 4 flagrant foul points is fine for an entire playoff run. that's a lot. but i think the general point that having the same limit whether you win the championship or get knocked out in the first round is somewhat uneven. a guy who knows his team probably won't get out of the first round could conceivably commit a flagrant 1 in every game of a sweep and never get suspended, even though he's being very reckless. it's probably not really worth the effort of changing but maybe something like only 3 flagrant points through the first 2 rounds would be the limit.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. malakas

malakas Member

after all the crap that Green has been up to, it had to be Lebron to force the league to finally suspend him.