1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[green eyed monster] do you have it in you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Oct 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

So today, this maintenance guy comes by my desk and gives me a bag of candy that he bought from the cafe downstairs. I found it weird because I just say hello to him and have a few conversations about things in general when I run into him in the building, just like with others. I didn't want to be rude so I accepted it and told him thank you. Last year, I've had a married guy here to buy me candy or cookies until I told him to stop doing that. Do I look like I need candy?? I'm not that fat. :(

Anyway, I tell that to my guy and he jokingly says, "You better flash that ring to that fool! What kind of candy did that punk ass s.o.b. give you? It better be some good high roller candy 'cause you fine and that dude should know that fine people only get good shyt for free."

I don't know if he got jealous or threatened. He rarely tells me when he get jealous.

I think I would feel jealous if some girl bought him candy but I wouldn't let it bother me unless it's starting to be a repeat occurrence then I will say something.

Do you feel jealous or threatened if someone buys your significant other things? Little things like candy or cookies?

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Not if it's a random person and a 1 time occurrence.

If it's EITHER.. someone they know well and are close to but you always have some underlying suspicion about the other person's intentions.. OR if it's a multi-occurrence.. then it can start to matter.

Sorry, I laughed when you wrote what the guy said..

3. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

he got jealous because of the candy.... but doesn't mind you posting on here?

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

cue Swoly-D in

3.... 2... 1...

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If some dude at my wife's work bought her candy, I'd be pissed. But then, she's a homemaker, so if some dude is buying her candy at my house, then that's already a problem.

And honestly, Lady_Di, if some dude had bought me candy and spoke the exact words that you typed to me, in the way that I can only imagine those words being spoken, I would have shoved the candy back in the dude's mouth so he would shut up.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

To be fair, if you're talking about the words she wrote in the op, then that's what her guy said about the *other* guy giving her candy. But I like the sentiment on the words ;)

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

To make this thread more BBS interesting, I'm going to assume "candy" is a euphemism for sex and "maintenance guy" is a euphemism for "maintenance girl"

8. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

As long as he's not giving her the one eyed monster than I'm fine with it.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

That's a quote from her dude.

But I agree.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I would be PO'd if some douche was buying my girl things...I don't care how trivial they are, it's the principle of the thing...Put it another way, when you're out w/ or w/o your man, do you let strangers buy you drinks?

If you were single, eh, but you're not, so why accept them? Are you afraid to hurt someone's feelings? You might do more damage by accepting them IMHO...

11. rodrick_98

good job, way to turn the tables on her! :D

12. Asian Sensation

To OP:

[one eyed monster] do you want it in you?

13. Lady_Di

rodrick, what does this has to do with me posting? I guess u would be jealous if your girl post here.

to be clear, the words I wrote was from my fiance about the guy and he was only joking. he jokes around a lot...

14. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Your guy is gangsta. That foo at work betta watch his back yo.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Now lets apply what we've learned...

16. rodrick_98

not at all, the complete opposite. i don't get jealous by nature. if he's buying you candy that's fine, i would trust your judgment...

i just find it odd that he would become jealous over a bag of candy when you sit at work and post on a forum with a bunch of guys all day.

17. Lady_Di

that's a good point...I won't let a guy to buy me a drink...I just thought candy was nothing to hurt his feelings and MAYBE he was just being nice. I wasn't with my guy that time when the married guy gave me candy.

quit making this so scandulous. :(

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i guess any guy would have that.

i do to an extent if a guy friend bought my girl stuff depending on what it was i would take offense.

junk food/candy? not an issue
    little things? no biggie

dinner? yes
    any sort of jewelry? oh hell yes

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Me and my gf have a rule where we're abnormally rude to the opposite sex. Not crazy rude but just enough be less attractive. It really puts an end to that "work wife/husband" thing before it ever gets started.

20. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Tell your guy that since he's been spending so much time on home renos and repairs, you were feeling a little lonely and that maintenance guy was really sweet and just trying to cheer you up.