1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Greatest Musician Of Our Time] Waves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2. Agonz281

Agonz281 Member

Mainly because his genre bending albums and the way each album gives a template for artist to follow

"College Dropout" and "late registration" helped artist like Lupe fiasco, kendrick Lamar and chance the rapper have a lane in hip hop that wasn't about being a gangster.
    During the recording of "late registration" kanye helped common by producing almost all of his album "be" also it kind of revived his career with the critical success

Graduation is his breakout record with pop hits not much I can say other than this album was inspired U2 and the rolling stones. He wanted to tour an album that felt electric and that had people dancing in stadiums.
    "808s and heartbreak" though at first it isn't his most critically successful album it is his most influential album. With the loss of his mother and a break up with his ex fiance (i forget her name I just know it isn't Amber rose) he used auto tune to lay down his heartbreak over 808, Japanese, and African tribal drums to make for the 80s new wave sound he was going for. This album in particular spawn a large amount of artist I'll name a few Drake, Frank Ocean, James Blake, The Weeknd, and the xx.

My beautiful dark twisted fantasy is his Pet Sounds I say that because they both have grand baroque sound while keeping beautiful melodies that make the songs just sound like heaven. Like I said this album is grand so the level of detail shouldn't be left unnoticed on the song all of the lights he called in artist such as Elton john, beyonce, drake, charlie Wilson, the dream and like 15 other singers to sing then have them layered on top of one another. making it into a choir not only that but the song alone took 3 years to finish because of the perfectionist kanye is. The album is the greatest hip hop album of all time in my opinion this album introduced me to king crimson and bon iver helping expand my young music taste into classic rock and folk

Yeezus oh man I love this album so much because I love soundscapes and the raw uncensored emotion. This album is electronic industrial punk rap. It's nine inch nails meets sex pistols meets 808 state meets public enemy. It's far ahead of its time just like 808s we will see what artist it spawns in the next 5 years.
    But as far as I know the this album is just great and in enjoyable record on a musical level and on emotional level.

I wish I could give better explanations to help my case but I'm not the best writer

One last thing kanye is overlooked talent wise by the general public when it's all said and done he will be looked at in the same light as David Bowie and Radiohead in that they have an amazing discography but each album is a new experiment and a new sound making them all unique.

8 people like this.
  3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

This couldn't have been said better, and I know this poster is going to get laughed at, but this is the best analysis I have seen by far. Approach Kanye as the musician and not the public assclown he is. PLEASE listen to this guy!

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Nice post, Agonz281.

Repped

5. Rocket_Man_2.0

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Nice Post. It's hard to convince someone to like music with words, but you gave a noble attempt at explaining what you appreciate about Kanye's music.

I think the majority of the people who write off Kanye the rap artist probably lean towards the "rap isn't music" crowd anyway, so it's not like they could provide a deep analysis of why they don't like it relative to other rap music. I mean if someone falls in that crowd they're probably not even going to give it a critical listen in the first place.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Never really listened to Kanye, but this was a good post and may inspire me to eventually get around to it.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

can someone change the title of this thread to T.L.O.P.?

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. A hip-hop artist still has to have a vision and creativity to THINK of the beats, rhythm and lyrics that are coming out of your speakers. A guitar, synth, computers,etc. they're just tools. Is a great piece of art work diminished because it was designed on a computer rather than canvas and paint?

People should just admit they don't like Rap, and that's fine but your music preference shouldn't determine how you think about someone's skillet or creative process. I don't like country music but I'm not going to say Keith Urban is talentless or just plain sucks.

#89 Rocketeer, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't listen to much Kanye after Late Registration. But after I got a music subscription service, I went back through his catalogue and gained a whole new appreciation for his artistry. Still can't stand the ego and bravado, but dude puts in work and clearly cares for his art.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Just hoping for some dope beats for my PuppyMonkeyBaby to dance to.

[​IMG]

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So he keeps changing the name of his album and if you can guess the name of his initials on his album(T.L.O.P) on Twitter, you get a prize

13. Agonz281

Agonz281 Member

The album is now named "The Life of Pablo"

14. rocketshopeful

lol. i thought this was a joke....

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Jajajajaja!!!!!

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Overrated.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Album out?

18. cwebbster

Today at 1PM ET, they are going to do a live-stream. It will be out shortly after that.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Is the live stream available?

20. cwebbster