1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Greatest Musician Of Our Time] Waves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So much unwarranted Kanye hate in this thread. It's too bad people let their hatred of a man prevent them from acknowledging one of the best and most influential artists of this millennium. Kanye will go down in history as one of the greats. Living legend.

1 person likes this.
  2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I'll put him in the arena of Hannah Montana. He's epic with his marketing and social media presence for sure.

3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

This is a stupid statement. The last two Kanye albums were simply amazing breakthrough albums. Many lists consider My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy to be the best album of the 2000 - 2010 era of music.

Runaway was his opus off of that album. It truly was an "album" in the grand scheme of things, and not your typical "rap mixtape". The depth of many of the songs on this album were incredible. Hell Elton-freaking-John is on one of his songs.

Yeezus didn't grab me at first, but multiple listening's of the album reeled me in. You can tell he appreciates the music of Kraftwerk and NIN from that album.

As stupid as his public persona is, he truly is a talented musician. Most people just want to hate on the "stupid black guy" that they make him out to be on TV.

This is a good write up for MBDTF. http://www.gq.com/story/beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-5-years-later

Here is where Pitchfork declared it the best of the generation. Beating out alot of Hipster-Millenial crap.

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9465-the-top-100-albums-of-2010-2014/5/

#43 cwebbster, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Bach, Beethoven, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Kanye West, Nick Drake, Sufjan Stevens

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Naw, that's not at all what I mean.

But it's good... To each his own.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brightside isn't being sarcastic either folks. Kane's music has been ahead of the hip hop curve at all times. He's the only inovator in the genre. There's a reason why artists from other genres respect him.

7. AkeemTheDreem86

Pretty liberal use of the word "musician".

8. REEKO_HTOWN

Please, enlighten me with you r reason Kanye isn't a musician? I guess Piano's aren't instruments?

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The haters don't have any viable reasons that kanye sucks so they like to argue semantics instead.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

the only reason people think kanye is so great is because kanye himself says he is

11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

My opinion is not based on his opinion of himself. I think the man is a master at his craft.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

People just hate that the man isn't shy about knowing it.

13. Agonz281

Agonz281 Member

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/1890-19art.htm

Kanye is the only solo artist of the past decade to be in the same league as the all time greats. For him to be this high up on this list (which gathers list from the most reputable critics list and aggregates them to make lists like this one) shows how much of a quality artist he is and how lucky we are to have one of the last true rock stars in the 2000s.

Not only is he loved by critics but he is loved by artist in the hip hop genre and outside of it artist such as drake, Frank ocean, James Blake, the xx, Lou reed, bruce Springsteen, kendrick lamar, Arcade Fire etc. The list just keeps going

And on people saying he has to many writers working on songs he's said himself that he began using teams of people after interning at the high fashion workplaces in paris. He saw that the design teams was working along side the head designer and noticed that things were much more productive and more creative. Because of this kanye would then use it to his advantage on my beautiful dark twisted fantasy and the albums there after.

Interesting fact kanye hasn't really made a beat on his own since 2011 he's used the route of having his producers go home work on a beat then come back. He then chooses the pieces he likes of each version constructs the song all over again doing as he pleases. Basically he's sampling the work of his mates lol. same goes to lyrics he says that he will give credit to anyone in the studio that helped in the writing process whether it be a word or a line he gives credit.

I look at kanye as a movie director he needs his actors (producers or artists) to play the roles he wants and that's what's unique about his work. While everyone wants to do everything on their own kanye is using the best resources to give out quality

AutoZone is not a crutch kanye uses he's said himself he knows he's not a great singer but he just likes the way autotune synthesizes his voice that it makes his emotional lyrics just robotic but still feel genuinely human (I'm paraphrasing)

I've just noticed I completely lost track of my point lol
    I'm just hyped for this upcoming album

1 person likes this.
  14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

His marketing machine does a brutally efficient job with impressionables.

Best ever.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Taylor Swift at 902? No credibility.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

What marketing machine? TMZ?

17. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is it going to be available for streaming services?

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Ima let you finish but Beyoncé is..."

20. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

What bothers me about the Kanye hate is how aggressive it is. If this thread were about almost any of his contemporaries, those who didn't like the subject of the thread would simply avoid it. FOR EXAMPLE: A$AP Rocky isn't my particular favorite, so if someone opens a thread on his next record, I'll refrain from commenting. Most people would.

Kanye haters, on the other hand, want to make sure you're aware how much they think he sucks and how little talent they estimate he has. Why? It's astoundingly easy to avoid artists you wish to avoid. I heard one Ariana Grande song and I've never heard a second one... and that took very little effort.

Live and let live... you want to bash someone's jam, do it on a crappier BBS.

1 person likes this.