1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest All Time Rocket (according to my wife)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BowlingBaller, May 8, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jVDN8yR3ig0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Well, sir, it's quite obvious that your primary reason for stating something as ludicrous as T-Mac was a better basketball player than Hakeem Olajuwon is in the "I'm angry about the hatred T-Mac gets on this board, so I'm going to go 180 and declare T-Mac a better player than Hakeem" reasoning. And you're calling me immature? Immature is not being able to spell "vile," "morals," "politely," "someone," "opinion," and "criticize," immature is coming on to a site in which you know making a ridiculous contention like you did and getting sore at the reaction when you'd have to be stupid to not know it's coming, and immature is challenging someone to a basketball game on a "fan" site in which the prerequisite for being a member has nothing at all to do with how well one can play basketball.

But, I suppose you think defeating me in a game of one-on-one is somehow going to prove your point that T-Mac is better than Olajuwon? Yeah, that's about as intelligent as if I said I would whip your a** in a parking lot somewhere to prove my point. Which I wouldn't say because I prefer not to say stupid things. Something that you apparently cannot avoid.

3. FearTheBeardJH

Tmac gave everything he had until his body broke down, Hakeem demanded a trade and missed 5 games due to left hamstring injury despite being 100% healthy.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy's everything is equivalent to a famous Whitney houston song

5. dandorotik

Great, we got 2 f**king morons on this thread- anyone else? Perhaps someone wants to name Yao as a more talented center than Olajuwon? I'm out of here- the stupidity is suffocating.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are just fake rockets fan man.

7. mockster

mockster Member

Exactly it's a fan forum and posted my opinion and was poliete about it. It's not my fault so many people are sour about T-Mac I get negative post. Everyone took my post out of context I still said in reality Hakeem > Clyde > T-Mac I also said I would pick Hakeem over T-Mac in a fantasy Draft and also said Hakeem is the best center to ever live. I never discredited Hakeem

The fact is you're the one who is immature going overboard on someone opinion on a theory and use curse words to express yourself to a random fan on clutchfans. If I need to grow up then you're right there by my side.

Just add a little respect, because quiete frankly I highly doubt you would say the thing's you said to my face which would end up getting ur butt kicked in a parking lot.

I jsut posted my opinion and it means nothing and you're going to use offensive language and go over board instead of just being polite

Everyone took my post overboard and out of context It's pretty redankuless how offensive people got over a player they don't know or even know. It's a sport there is no need to get emotional which you're previous post showed an emotional reponse.

Btw, you can watch sports and anaylis stats but until you have experience playing the sport or coaching it, you get alot more insight of how the game really works. Just saying which is why there are more NBA vets as anayalisis then regular people.

So, before you try and tell me about basketball and you can't even dribble the ball correctly you should come with a more contructed poliete post considering I didn't come out and just go "T-Mac the best no other" I still credited Hakeem It was just my opinion T-Mac could of been the best without all the negatives in his career no need to try and "go off on me"

8. dandorotik

OK, tough man, that's a threat: "Just add a little respect, because quiete frankly I highly doubt you would say the thing's you said to my face which would end up getting ur butt kicked in a parking lot." I have no problem telling someone they said something stupid to their face. But, here's the scenario, genius: I tell you you're stupid, you kick my butt, and then you get arrested for assault. Boy, you sure have a low level of intelligence, don't you? You think you can assault someone for something they say about a basketball player? Man, your intelligence level sinks further and further with every post. Hysterical.

#68 dandorotik, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  9. mockster

mockster Member

Another immature post, I am not a fake Rockets fan?. I watch every Rockets game I can since I was 8 years old. I constantly keep up with the team and there movements. Why would I make an account on a Rockets forum if I was not a Rockets fan.

I know you don't agree with my post *which you took out of context* but it's just my opinion. Don't say something stupid like "I am fake rockets fan"

I enjoy watching the Rockets and have always loved every player. I am younger the most posters here which is apparent or should be *21 years old* I started watching Rockets basketball when Stevie Franchise was on the team. Also have all the tapes playoffs/championships of the 2 championships Hakeen and Hakeem and clyde won.

I lived in Africa and my uncle use to record them and send them down to me.

Just because I thought one Rocket could of been potentially better which I used in theory then another makes me a fake Rocket fans just shows how stuck up and attached you have become to these forums.

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

After reading this... all I got to say is she better be hot

if not then
    well..
    I'm so so so soo sorry BowlingBaller :(

11. dandorotik

No, sir, you didn't say "potentially" better- here is what you said:

Um, Tracy Mcgrady was the Rockets best all time player. I mean honestly he was

That's not a "Potentially better" statement- that is an "Honestly he was the Rockets best player." So that makes you a liar on top of a tool.

And then there's this:

"His talent was way over Clyde's and Hakeem."

And you think people aren't going to mock you for saying "WAY better"???

"Nah, I know Hakeem was better"

Ok, so now which is it- is T-Mac the best Rocket or is Hakeem? HONESTLY, you're flip-flopping worse than Vlade (he was someone who played before the Steve Francis era).

"Hakeem and T-Mac play diffrent positions so it's hard to say."

Well, apparently it's easy for you to say, b/c you stated it quite strongly.

"Most of you are just fans who watch the game and nothing more which there is nothing wrong with that but T-Mac is still the best all-time athlete we had."

So, now, on top of ignorance and deceit and flip-flopping, we have illogic. What does being a fan have to do with rating players? Do basketball players have x-ray vision that fans don't? Are you seeing something different on the court that we are not? Lord have mercy, just give it up, please. You've made your point, now go lie in it and give it a rest.

12. mockster

mockster Member

First off you need respect, It's my opinion on a sports player If that's considered saying something stupid a "sports opinion" then wow. I guess you walk around all day saying that to people face. cuz ur such a big shot. Fact is youll say what u think is stupid to people on the forum not to there face please correct that.

Second off I wouldn't fight you because if ur opinion but if you said the words like that to me it wouldn't be a pleasent enocunter calling me "Dip****" You don't go around telling your grandpa a dip**** because he thinks clyde is better then Hakeem even if it's not true, it's his opinion and a sport.

Assault someone for a basketball player I could careless about that but you wouldn't say those words to me face to face those are fighting words adding that language and emotional response. I never used foul language or disrepect towards you until you did to me at first.

So please make sense.

13. mockster

mockster Member

Still taking my post out of context in my personal opinion t-mac was the better athlete but I state in reality Hakeem is better. I was going off of if he had no negatives and reassured that in 2 different post. I also said it's hard to judge two people because of there body types and diffrent positions but I still thought T-Mac was better but I still said in a fantasy draft I am taking hakeem because of his big body and defensive abilities

14. dandorotik

Great, you think T-Mac is better. Congratulations! Way to go! Stellar! :cool:

15. mockster

mockster Member

Thanks.:rolleyes:

Also you stated what's the diffrence between a person who has never played and a person who has. Before I start I want to add I have only played highschool basketball and low level college ball and I don't consider myself some super athlete.

The differnce is I can see thing's alot of people don't and I understand thing's because of my experience and wisdom. Also usally people who have played arent stat anels because they understand the game more. Just like I seen in a thread harden was like 3-17 and people were like "Bench him" but mchale left him in and he ended up taking over in the 4th and winning.

This is not to say people watching the game couldn't do this but majority of coaches have played some type of BBall in there life.

I am no speacil guru when it comes to BBall because I have played but I feel like I understand the game more then others.

16. dandorotik

Oh, I'm sure it would make a great encounter. I think it would go like this:

FADE IN

A bar. Somewhere in Houston. Two fans sit at the bar and see Tracy McGrady sitting on the bench in a Spurs uniform. We'll call them MOCK and DD. Mock takes a sip from his Miller Lite and shakes his head.

MOCK: You know, Tracy McGrady was a better player than Hakeem Olajuwon.

DD: (giggles while taking a chug from his Shiner Bock) Well, with all due respect, that's a dumb thing to say.

MOCK: I will fight you!

DD: You mean, you're going to punch me while I stand there and take it? And then you get arrested for assault? Now that's 2 dumb things you've said in less than a minute.

MOCK: Show me respect!

DD: For what? You said something stupid, and I made my comment. To earn respect, how about not saying something idiotic?

MOCK: T-Mac had the potential to be better than Hakeem!

DD: Well, why didn't you say that in the first place? We could've avoided all this.

MOCK: But it is true that T-Mac was way better than Clyde or Hakeem.

DD: Great, now you're insulting Clyde, a top 50 all-time player, too? That makes 3 dumb statements.

MOCK: I will fight you again!

DD: Umm, we haven't fought in the first place.

MOCK: Get ready to get your butt kicked.

DD: (softly, MOCKingly) "Let's get ready to bundle!!!"

MOCK: What's a bundle?

DD: Progressive.

MOCK: Huh?

DD: State Farm.

MOCK: A farm?

DD: Allstate.

MOCK: You are just mad about Tracy McGrady.

DD: No, I enjoyed his time on the Rockets, I still have the T-Mac t-shirt, and I use 111 on many Internet passwords in honor of Yao and Mac. That being said, we've still got your 3 dumb statements to contend with.

MOCK: Well, what do I do?

DD: You're asking me? OK, here's a tip: don't sit in a Houston bar and say T-Mac was better than Hakeem. You're lucky these guys next to me didn't start ragging on you. Think before you speak, you know?

MOCK: But I can beat you in basketball.

DD: OK, Isaac Newton, check. You can beat me in basketball, and you can assault me, and I suppose that means you win the argument, right?

MOCK: YES!

DD: Where are you from? Not from Houston, right?

MOCK: Just moved here from Dallas.

DD: Ok, that explains it.

MOCK: What?

DD: Dallas.

MOCK: You insult Dallas? I will fight you a 3rd time.

DD: Well, if we can ever get to the first two, I'd be glad to be the human punching bag for Round 3. But we still haven't said what we're going to do about the 3.. OK, let's just make it simple for you, the 1 dumb statement. Any ideas?

MOCK: (pauses for a minute. Then another. Then several. It is a long pause)
    Can I take it back?

DD: Sure.

MOCK: OK, Hakeem is better than T-Mac.

DD: Good.

MOCK: Can I get in at least 1 fight?

DD: No.

MOCK: How about TNT Trivia?

DD: You mean NTN Trivia, right?

MOCK: You are insulting me again?

DD: TKO.

FADE OUT

#76 dandorotik, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  17. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Wait what...
    lmao, ok either definitely trolling, or you really never saw Olajuwon play.

18. mockster

mockster Member

Btw I wasn't referring to Hakeem and T-Mac in that post. I ment watching a basketball game in general.

19. mockster

mockster Member

First off are you roleplaying? o_O

Second off I wouldn't fight you have you said "all due respect that's a dumb thing to say" That was a formal dissagreement and btw I don't go out looking for fights.

I said if you were to sit here and call me a dip**** and etc like you did in you're previous post I would not appreciate it and prolly have an encounter in r/l.

They way you summed that up is not how you're responses were thus you're restating your responses in this post to make it seem you were more respectful and saying I would fight you over a sports opinion.

The only reason in the first place I said "encounter like that would end up with ur butt getting kicked in the parking lot" is because you mentioned that's like saying "Youll kick my ass in a parking lot"

Stop mixing stuff up all you have to do is go back to you're first post I was referring to how you were disrespectful I just said if you said that to me in r/l it wouldn't be a friendly encounter also before you edited one post you also said "Alright then let's meet in a parking lot tough guy" or something like that. I never once challenged you to fight or asked to meet you somewhere.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

klllloo.. koorr... kiii. its klamidia kardashion rite?