1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Roster With Odom

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JuNx, Jul 29, 2003.

1. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

1) PG - Francis / Norris
    2) SG - Piatkowski / Hawkins
    3) SF - Odom (as a PG) / Nachbar
    4) PF - Taylor / Griffin
    5) C - Ming / Cato

Getting Odom for Mobley, Rice (sign and trade) and a pick.

Francis is used less for bringing the ball to the court as a point guard(like portland use Pippen), using Odom for that. Francis as a SG(like JVG would like) and Piatowski spacing the court and landing 3's. :D

Everybody passing the ball looking for the open man and specially at least ming touching the ball on almost avery posesion. :rolleyes:

Ming Would be more open and [ Taylor/Cato/Griffin ] Helping with the boards, offensive putbacks and open shots.

and a great rotation oportunities as Griffin (SF-PF), Cato(C - PF), Odomm-Piatowsky-Hawkins (SG - SF) :cool:

It would be Great if :confused: we can sign a Versatile-Defender player like Posey AND a Veteran F like Coleman

Great New Arena, Great New Coach, Great LineUp, Great Playoff Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Sane

Sane Member

You know, you have 13 posts and they are pretty much all identical right?

3. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I decided to put he whole idea.. here......;)

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

my top four reasons we should get lamar odom:

1.the rockets could please guys like junx by signing somebody else who can play guard but still continue to give moochie the same minutes he always got because lamar odom likes to spend most of his time on the injured list anyway.
    2. if we could sign him for say, 60 million then in a few years we can have a roster of lamar odom, moochie norris, maurice taylor, kelvin cato and well, we probably couldn't afford to keep yao but who cares because we'd have all of that high dollar talent.
    3. i hear he's great at passing the joint... I MEAN THE BALL! THE BALL I MEANT TO SAY.... #%*!
    4. i'm sick of hearing people talking about how eddie griffin is an under-achieving, no good slacker of a pot head. it's about time i get to hear about how lamar odom is a under-achieving, no good slacker of a pot head for a change!

5. Sane

Sane Member

The difference is, Griffin has never even averaged 10/7/2 and he's an underachiever. Lamar Odom has averaged something like 19/7/5 and is stil considered an underachiever. We'll take him for the same reason Sacramento took a chance on Webber and Portland took a chance on Wallace. Because he has all the tags those guys when they were younger. Because he can grow with our team. Because a trio of Yao/Odom/Francis means that we can replace the rest of the roster and not have to worry about who goes, who stays, who's happy. All we'd do is try to dump contracts. For all I care, Malick Badiane can be the 4, and Joaquin Hawkins the 2 when we have the other 3 guys. Yao, Francis and Odom can average 15 assists between the 3 of them. I believe our ENTIRE TEAM averaged 19assists or something last season.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Odom to Rox? Not this year. 0.1% chance it occurs. Maybe Brand? Sorry, not Brand either.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

my top four reasons we should get lamar odom:

1.to shut up all the morons on this board who want him
    2. to shut up all the morons on this board who want him
    3. to shut up all the morons on this board who want him
    4. and finally, to shut up all the morons on this board who want him

For the last time, the Rockets are not getting Lamar Odom.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Not that I dont agree with you but you are only making an educated guess! Right !

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hell I'd love to bring Odom into town. The only people I would not trade are the cat francis and yao. Anyone else is by all means tradeable. If we have to give griffen cato rice moochie ... by all means let's give it up for odom. But honestly... DREAM ON! Junx these posts are worthless.... This idea has been brought up not only by your 13 other posts but by a hundred others... at the end who ever starts the odom thread gets mocked til their balls shrivel. Either you are lucky everyone else is not awake yet to start bashing you or they have just decided to give up on this thread and avoid it.... Cause trust me this board CAN BE CRUEL!!!!.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

arkoe's top four reasons were so much better than mine...

11. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Anyway..........Lets see if JVG can make the current roster(with i think would make a run at the playoffs better than last year) Wake UP!! and if he can help young talent to develop. So we can resign Yao And Steve.

12. gideon27

gideon27 Member

I'm thinking this is Odom's agent posting on our board to fan up some interest for him... either that or some hired PR manager, or something like that.

Sheesh... his post has been in just about every thread I've read this morning.. even on the one's that are a totally different topic!