1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Butt-hurt article from Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by banzai, Apr 19, 2015.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Classism 101! You don't boo an injured person leaving the court period! :mad: ( even if it's the devil himself, Crawford or Mauer :grin:)
    And everyone knows we're Houstonians, not houstonites. Come to think of it though, a dallasite sounds like something you call Terminix for. ;)

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

105.3 The Fan in Dallas; some of them say Stephen Curry should be up for MVP candidacy and no one else. One guy is defending Harden saying he got the 2nd seed in the hardest Western Conference ever. These are some of the tweets from this guy:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Attention NBA, that's the most believable harden flop we will see all series and it was still ridiculous.</p>&mdash; Gavin Dawson (@gavindawson) <a href="https://twitter.com/gavindawson/status/589621190496428032">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>That's right I said it.Harden is a 19 ppg scorer who flops his way to 7 more points and MVP consideration. Joke.</p>&mdash; Gavin Dawson (@gavindawson) <a href="https://twitter.com/gavindawson/status/589622625967607808">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

More from them:

Rondo turned it on in the 2nd Q
    Dirk was hitting
    Howard is the dumbest fouler. He'll keep doing that.
    Lucky buzzer-beating 3s

Mavs are still OK.

Harden is a 19ppg player and flops his way to 7 more points
    Not a real superstar in real basketball

New generation of floppers. They're foul orchestrators. The fact Harden gets to the FT line 10 times a game is a joke. Those are Jordan numbers. That's a problem. He's a 19ppg scorer. 10 FTA put him close to 27. It should be 5 FTA. The MVP stuff is ridiculous.

Harden is trying to get refs attention by flopping.

Google James Harden chokes playoffs. Articles show since OKC went to the Finals, he's not shot better than 40%.

All he does is parade to the FT line.

Their roster is years in the making.

If the series extends, hope Howard's knees become problematic.

You have to deal with it. There would be an advantage to bringing it up. Look at the discrepancy in the box score. Do you think this is fair?

This is a joke. He is not Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, LeBron James but he gets his stats up there by tricking the refs. This is taking it and exploiting what the game is. Hooking defenders and flailing, it's totally different.

Don't bring up Dirk. I'm talking about a body of work, not moments.

Dirk came out in the 2nd half exaggerating things, looking for revenge. That's what your guy was doing.

We're gonna have a generation of basketball of Harden's and Westbrook's. You've turned Jason Terry into a MVP candidate.

He peaked out a couple of years ago.

He is inflating his scoring average. He's a con man. He's a borderline all-star/con man.

#104 J.R., Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dude, that's spot on. I enjoy hearing their shows normally but not when talking about us like that

5. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I do not understand how they can say he is flopping or should not get those calls. Harden drives to the basket with the intention of scoring. Sometimes other players get in his way get caught trying to swat the ball and get all wrist or arm. Sometimes he beats them and scores with a layup or dunk. Sometimes he gets the and 1. Other times its a blocking foul and sometimes a charge if the defender is set. I mean what do you expect him to do? He is not jumping into players. He is just really unstoppable. He's the MVP for crying out loud. If it was cheap play I would agree but the guy just drives with strength and intensity you either foul him or let him score.

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It will be icing on the cake when we win this series AND mavs fans go away feeling like they got cheated.

7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I tried looking on nba.com to see where they link to every play with video and looked at every foul james harden drew for ft's and see how legit their claim was. The only one I remember I would be upset is the one where James drove his shoulders into dirk on the fast break.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If you watch that one again, it was only after Dirk tripped Harden that caused him to go into Dirk's chest.

9. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

"Houstonite" lol

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

This is Harden's highlights vs Dallas in Game 1. Here's what I saw:

1:30 - Harris reaches and fouls him
    2:00 - Parsons runs into him
    3:06 - Harden runs into Dirk
    4:00 - Ellis reaches and fouls him
    5:50 - JJ fouls him on the break

That's 10 of his attempts. Another was a tech and at least 4 were intentional fouls at the end of the game. I am not sure what the other two came from, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3hrBSsPUvo

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

More:

Dirk was mad about the level of flopping Harden was doing. ... He is a foul orchestrator. ... (Dirk's) flopping in the 2nd half was a result of the end of the first half. ... 45 FTs. How much of this is real Rockets? Harden isn't a real actual top five superstar. He's flopping his way to wins, points, MVP consideration. That has to tick off everyone.

There's nothing you can do is the tough part. All you can do is watch and hope the refs don't fall for it. I don't hold it against them, it's how you win.

I like Harden, I hate he evolved his game into this. He personally has not done well since OKC went to the Finals. Has not shot better than 39%. He was 4-11. 15 points from the FT line. If you slow it down to half court, this is where it falls apart for the Rockets. The defense is set. He can't get in there.

Slowing down will help. He led his team to 45 FT attempts. He knows he's not that kind of player once the playoffs start. What's my answer? Can't jump more, no ability to elevate in traffic but I can hook their arms and run by and get to the FT line. Now they're the 2 seed with HCA. My problem is not with Harden. I would do this. It's not up to the player. It's up to the league and officials.

You're gonna fine 5K for flopping? Harden should be writing a 200K check for that game. We have to follow through with these rules. Harden, Westbrook and Durant, all on the same team. They stopped Durant's rip through. We need more rule upgrades. We need to contain this before it spreads. It's a problem for the future of the game. We are training our young players this is how you get ahead. Hopefully the NBA is taking notice.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Do the Mavs fans do anything other than whine and cry? They're all hypocrites.

On another note, did that Dallas fan make a video this time?

13. frontline94

frontline94 Member

exacly, no one in dallas seems to talk about how parsons talked about Houston calling it a dirty city where it was easy to leave.. he forgets WE DRAFTED HIM AND GAVE HIM A CHANCE TO PLAY...

a player should never take a personal attack against his former city... harden never messed with okc for example... parsons is unclassy and can't handle booing end of story

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

the other 2 was probably from the flagrant foul, and trying to be unbiased, most of those were correct calls. Dirk one on FB was kind of questionable especially when they slowed it down on replays during the game.

15. frontline94

frontline94 Member

even though durant averaged a similar amount of ft's last year, the reason harden gets flak is because it seems to be his intention to get to the ft line, that's why oppposing fans don't like it..

my reply of course is DONT FOUL HIM AND DEFEND HIM INSTEAD by forcing him to make the basket

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

sorry the flagrant was on ariza.

17. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Lol some people have wayyy to much time on their hands...

Trevor Ariza: Prepare for trouble.
    James Harden: Make that double.
    Trevor Ariza: To overwhelm the league with a whole lot of threes.
    James Harden: To get all the calls from the referees.
    Trevor Ariza: To denounce the evil that is the mid range game.
    James Harden: To flop my way into the Hall Of Fame.
    Trevor Ariza: Trevor.
    James Harden: James.
    Trevor Ariza: The Houston Rockets blast off at the speed of light.
    James Harden: Surrender now or prepare to fight.
    Dwight Howard: Dwight! That's right!

Team Rocket is blasting off in the first round again!

(Taken from the Spurs forum)

2 people like this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I keep seeing people saying a few people booed him...I was at the game...I was right by the tunnel that he walked back to...it was NOT a FEW people -- it was a good portion of that side of the stadium.

And also, glad someone mentioned the Houstonite thing, I was like this guy clearly isn't really from Houston because anyone with half a brain knows we're HoustONIANS. Dumbass.

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

After years of watching Kevin Martin play lawyer ball I'm pretty sure I know the difference between someone taking it strong to the hole and getting hacked and someone actively trying to create contact when it's no there.

Harden used to be worse about embellishing contact but this season I just see a guy taking it right to the retreating defender. Once the defender gets a hand in there that is and always has been a foul.

Also every star player does this on offense, Durant, Carmelo, Lebron, Wade, Paul. I find that the players that flop on defense to be far more annoying and cheap. The guys that drop like a feather the second they get isolated on the block and Dirk is one of the worst offenders in that catagory.