1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GRAPHIC] Three Christian Schoolgirls Beheaded

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Nov 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Svpernaut:

Your train of logic is so flawed. You basically posted that pic as proof of the atrocities committed against Christians to justify the torture you advocated in the earlier thread. However, noone is doubting that these things occur. This isn't the shocking revelation you attempted to make it out to be. All it is is a further testament to your disgusting, childish personality that you would post such a graphic image on a public message board.

What is sad is your generalization of "these monsters" as one homogeneous entity. Does it make no difference to you that the detainees at Abu Ghraib are never even tried and possibly devoid of ties to Al-Qaeda? Does it not matter because they're not Christian so it's "ok" to rape and murder a few innocent Iraqis?

What's further puzzling is that you denounce such acts of barbarism yet want the United States Army to lower its standards down to this level.

2. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I read the WHOLE thread so far word for word.(glad I don't do that too often)

We must pray.

I just prayed for the salvation of these men who did this horrible thing, that God would grant them the repentance and forgiveness that is in Christ.

prayed for the families affected by this murder.

prayed for the horrible hatred in this area between people. prayed for the churches there, those who follow Christ and those who abuse His name.

Jesus Christ died for this sin. Yes, this atrocity. He offered His life for these men. Yes, He gave His life for these very men who are filled with hate.

His suffering was a payment for the penalty they deserve for this. If Jesus died for such horrible men, to offer forgiveness, we must tell them.

Yes, there is future judgment for such atrocities, all injustices. But what sin will God wink at? None I am sure.

Jesus died for the sins of the world. It is the mission and purpose of Christians to take this message to every person, in remote jungles, war torn countries and yes even where we may be granted the martyr's crown.

There is something we Christians can do. We can pray. We can also go to these places and share the hope and forgiveness of Christ. Yes to these who do these things.

We must talk less here and go and tell these who murder, rape and hate that Jesus Christ died for them also.

That is who we are. This is what we do. This is our Lord's work in us.

Also- Any picture of this terrible act would not be appropriate. Let us weep and pray; and love our enemies and Christ's enemies.

I ask all the Christians to pray and be a part of the answer to your prayer.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

1. wow...very well said.

2. wow...very well said.

4. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Don't know if that's a rhester original or not....but i like it. A lot.

Thanks

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Funny ****.

I'm pretty sure Max is 100x the christian you pretend to be Svpernaut.

Which is poignant, considering your "views" tend to follow the current mainstream christian rhetoric. Which, needless to say, is not christianity at all.

If there was ever proof that my views on religion are justified - this is about the best yet. What a ****ed up world.

6. insane man

insane man Member

checkmate.

7. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Yeah it sucks being civilized don't it.

FYI this particular conflict has nothing to do with the US.

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

According to Svpernaut it's whatever you want it to be:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=104036&page=3&pp=30

9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

HOPE

I hope:

we can one day forgive the men who did this horrible thing.

we hold vigil for the families affected by this murder.

we all can stop committing atrocoities in the name of religion.

we come to understand the great sacrifice made all over the world by those who gave their lives to protect others..

we talk less here and go and tell these who murder, rape and hate that the human race will no longer stand for this.

that this is who we are, that this is what we do.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

just so long as it doesn't affect your view of Jesus Christ, that's cool. why don't you consult your Bible for more information on this topic.

;) (still trying!!)

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

How about just making a point? The Sunday night movie script thing was a dead giveaway...

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

And that line has multiple interpretations...

13. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member