1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GRAPHIC] Three Christian Schoolgirls Beheaded

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Nov 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I ill not look at the image but 10 bucks says it is Svpernaut's new wallpaper.

Sishir - he probably doesn't know where Indonesia (with his "brothers") is, so you ask too much for him to know what might be going on there.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

jesus was a buddhist (at least in practice)

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

well, that was just my charitable christian facet leaking out, oops.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

not a slam at all. it's a great question. a difficult question. and i'm not sure there's any one answer in all of Christendom. :) i think you've seen that today...in this very thread.

i think, as a Christian, that everything is to be viewed through the lens of Christ. it sounds simplistic, but the the hokie What Would Jesus Do makes sense to me in this debate. you saw the mercy he had...that's what everyone knows. of course, there was also the side that called the religious rulers of the day "snakes" and charged into the temple turning over the tables of money changers. any misuse of God was something that clearly bothered him.

i don't "live" in theology. i live in what I know of Christ today. trying to truly serve him as my Lord (with full meaning to that word). so these questions are important in the sense that this is framing how I understand God to be. but it seems sort of off to the side for me. i'm much more concerned/interested/passionate about God changing peoples' lives right now. watching Him bring light where there's darkness.

5. MadMax

i won't back away from what the commandments say. but i can tell you that i've talked to tons of different people about that...people who've studied the language..and they all say that the earliest manuscripts translate to mean "murder" and not, merely, "kill."

6. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Jeff this once again proves you were paying attention in religion class at LHN. :D

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, I take that as a great compliment. Christianity is just one part of my belief system, so, that coming from Max means a lot. :)

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

______

You're just a little too into the whole "I'm a good Christian so I had to post images of mutilated little girls." slant.

sick

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

<b>Addendum to my Last Will & Testament</b>

If I should be beheaded by Muslim extremists, anyone (and I mean anyone) has my explicit permission to post a picture of my head, my headless body, or any combination thereof. :D

10. MadMax

i'll sell you absolution from your sins, if you're interested. interesting trades considered.

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Fine....but do we get to choose where it gets published???? :eek: ;)

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Anyone, anywhere.

Don't you think a Playbody centerfold would be nice? :eek:

People need to have their emotions moved by the ugliness of this. That won't happen unless it is somewhat graphically expressed.

Our enemy is eager to die, while our soldiers fight to stay alive. Our guys and gals are at a severe disadvantage.

Our enemy is willing and eager to kill civilians in order to kill a single infidel. Our forces have an accident and we call for an inquiry, a suspension, a court martial, an impeachmenet, and a Sunday night movie script. Our war effort is at a severe disadvantage.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

What's that line?

"Doing what's right almost always entails doing what's hard."

Or something like that...

;)

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

....stuff like this happens, yet some people still think that these people should be covered under the Geneva Convention? What a joke. Targeting civilians excludes them from coverage under that accord. Heck, not wearing a uniform excludes them. Beheading three young girls? Uh, yeah, if you were these girls' parents would you be treating their Koran with extra special care? That's funny.

15. MadMax

as far as i can tell, this isn't al qaeda. i don't this is "war on terror" related. i could be wrong, though. my understanding is that Christians and Muslims have been slaughtering each other in that area for years.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please go to a bible study. Go to a college and audit a course on the bible, that deals with this. Reread the bible.

I think you missed the whole part about Jesus being persecuted and even crucified for his beliefs and turning the other cheek. That is exactly what he did, and he even asked God to forgive the very people who were doing that.

The very meaning of that story was somehow lost on you. It is an important part of the Christian faith.

As Max has pointed out, nowhere in the bible does it tell Christians to stand up and fight when they are presecuted.

The example of Jesus' death and his own words and behavior on the subject talk about loving your enemy and turning the other cheek.

I agree we can't always do exactly what Christ did, but it is wrong to justify our actions by saying that Christ doesn't expect us to follow his examples unless it is easy to do so. When ever times get tough he expects us to start fighting and torturing.

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

link please?

by accident, do you mean naked iraqi pyramid?
    or perhaps by accident you mean accidental death by waterboarding?
    or were you just hyperbolizing?

18. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

let the skinning begin

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are at an even greater disadvantage if we torture, since the intel experts say that information gathered during torture isn't reliable, and the U.S. armed forces are against torturing and say that it is counter-productive

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Hey! Give him some slack. He made a post without once using the words liberals or traitor.