1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GRAPHIC] Three Christian Schoolgirls Beheaded

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Nov 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

-Barbara Bush on Good Morning America, March 18, 2003

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Your still an ass

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

It should read "you're still an ass"... and you just proved yourself a liar by quoting me, it says DOESN'T as clear as day. Thanks for the laughs!

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, Jeff. My imagination is plenty graphic enough, whether it's small Christian children, small Muslim children, or small children of any faith. We know horror goes on around the world. I don't need to have it, "shoved in my face." This place is available for members to talk about the subject, if they wish. We should be grateful for the privilege. And I have a 10 year old daughter, if that matters.

Keep D&D Civil.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i dont know why im defending him, but he actually said "I'm also not saying "skin them alive" or anything ridiculous, but there are means of torture that are successful without causing extreme harm or death."

however, there is always that qualifer in there. "i dont advocate skinning them alive, BUT..."

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=104581&page=2&pp=30

however, i think most experts agree that torture is not a reliable way to gather information, which seems to be your only justification for it in the first place.

like dubya likes to say, there is no grey area here. you are either for torture or against it.

didnt the bush administration fight tooth and nail to keep even worse pics from comming out earlier this year? pics that even rummy admitted showed rape and murder? even children? one might say it was "covered up".

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

What's implied is "skin some of them if necessary."

7. mc mark

Like his pres, he doesn't do nuance.

8. insane man

insane man Member

no. not all of them were released. in fact a vast majority weren't.

and even though this fellow might not have said skin them alive...i like mc mark's ardent pursuit of this line of questioning. so continue.

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

You are completely disgusting and should be banned.

10. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

That's the most disgusting, perverted example of Christianity I've ever seen anyone admit to. You need to see horrible violence to get pumped up for God and strengthen your faith. Wow. I'll bet Jesus is beaming with pride over that testimonial.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe we should do everyone a favor and lock this one up.

Keep D&D Civil.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I want to see graphic pictures. But thats probably b/c i'm a sick ****.

Ok, back to ogrish.com for me.

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

What Christians do and what Jesus taught are often two separate things. Jesus didn't stop Peter from fighting and then say, "Yeah, but if little children are being tortured, open up a can of whoop ass." He didn't say to turn the other cheek UNLESS we live in violent times - and, to be honest, the times he lived in were FAR more violent than ours are by virtually every standard.

I think you probably ought to reconsider putting words in the mouth of Christ. When Jesus said, "If someone steals your coat, give him your cloak also" and "Let he who is among you who is without sin cast the first stone," he didn't use qualifiers.

What you THINK he meant and what he ACTUALLY SAID are two wholly different things and unless I missed something and you really are a theological scholar, I'm thinking you might want to make liberal use of the IMO in statements like these.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

an excellent post from a Christian who doesn't think he is one :)

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Extraordinarily well said.

16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

no max, see his sig, i bet you agree wholeheartedly with its message. does that make you a buddhist?

svpernaut, wow, i used to think you were funny. i have a strong constitition so my problem is not "stomaching" graphic images. my problem is a total lack of desire to incorporate unpleasantness into my life. you are a freak, have a nice day.

17. mc mark

I thought you wanted to buy him beers!?

18. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I believe that comment was directed to me since I brought up the issue that this has been a conflict going on for awhile with attrocities on both sides.

If you see my post I don't excuse this act at all and call it despicable. My main point though was to caution turning this into a straight up religious conflict where we debate it here in terms of Christian vs. Muslims with the automatic presumptions that Muslims are barbarians, the ones who carried this out is are, and Christians are innocent victims. The Sulawesi conflict has been going on for a while attrocities were committed on both sides. There was a Christian militia group that called themselves "Ninjas" who went around massacring Muslims and dumping their bodies into rivers. This conflict also isn't purely about religion but has a lot more to do with control of economic resources and local political control.

So yes this is a despicable act committed by despicable people who are Muslims but this isn't part of an international Holy War but a vicious local conflict pertaining to local issues.

http://www.insideindonesia.org/edit70/Poso1.htm

19. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

This ties back to a question that I had in some of the other threads regarding Christianity and the New vs. Old Testament. As Christians how do you reconcile contradictions between the two?

Svpernaut you've previously said that the New overrules the Old where they may contradict so to me that would seem imply that "Turn the other cheek" overrules "An Eye for an Eye". Also given that one of the Commandments is "Thou Shalt Not Kill" how does that work with "Eye for an Eye" or the killing done in the name of God in the Old Testament? It seems to me that the Sixth Commandment should be "Thou Shalt Not Kill, without Good Cause."

I hope this doesn't come off as a slam against Christianity but this is something I am curious about.

20. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Well now they say it should be interpreted as "Though should not murder" instead of kill. Also does this apply to animals etc.? It doesn't say it shouldn't.