1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

They did not act any better but Obama did direct his justice dept to try and correct the issue, Trump rolled all of that back with Sessions.

Did you have an issue with Trump stopping those investigations?

edwardc and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you say so.:rolleyes:

3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Did Obama succeed in removing those bad cops and instilled love in their hearts for their fellow humans by using his justice department? This is a tough issue and unless we approach it a different way and put Humanity First( Andrew Yang), we’ll have more of these in the future.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's so ironic for an alleged highly trained proffesional force that is supposed to be proffesionaly trained in deescalation you have to talk to many of these cops like children and be very careful not to hurt their feelings.

jiggyfly and Reeko like this.
  5. fchowd0311

So you agree that the current president is a harm to this cause?

6. likestohypeguy

Yes I think so. There's a gap between the surveillance camera showing him cooperating while being cuffed against the wall, to later the phone video of him already on the ground being murdered. If you believe what the officer said who was holding off the witnesses (which ofc makes no difference even if true), but when the victim and witnesses were pleading to let him up and into the car, that officer said that well we gave him 10 minutes to get in the car already, and he wouldn't.

So however the missing time went, I figure they had trouble getting him to comply, or the the four of them unable to physically put him in the car for up to ten minutes, so yes they decided they'd just punish him with that illegal and deadly restraint for a while before trying again. Once it became apparent to everyone (including the police) that it was in fact killing him, that cop continued with the full weight of his body on his knee in the neck, because even though the guy was clearly unconscious and likely dead, & the cop might otherwise have gotten off at that point, he wasn't about to let anyone TELL him to get off, so he couldn't. It is clearly the reason he first restrained him, yes deadly punishment for disrespect/noncompliance, then stayed on him even after he killed him, to save face and not let it appear as if he's doing anything because people are telling him to.

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

I guess you just gave up trying to respond with a cogent answer?

So what do you think of Trump stopping these investigations into bad cops?

8. fchowd0311

Yup, ego was the primary motivation for this murder. It's obvious by his facial expression when he's staring at the camera for a solid few seconds while kneeing the victim.

jiggyfly and likestohypeguy like this.
  9. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

It looks that way.

10. generalthade_03

So you want us to continue with this blame game where for every Trump tit I can comeback with 2 Obama tat? Blame the Orange man all you want , but you know it is not helping. We have police issues going back decades and decades under every administration. Like I’ve said, the only real change is changing the heart of a person, where they see their fellow citizens are the same like them underneath.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Man if I'm in law enforcement today, I would be the group ESPECIALLY outraged at this officer. These incidents just make their jobs more difficult. People are less trusting, and less willing to cooperate.

I'm sure many of them are outraged at this murderer. But is it enough?

12. fchowd0311

I agree. Hence why we need a executive branch and a legislative branch on board with intensive research and action on these issues at a systemic level instead of having the head of one of the three branches encouraging rough house behavior by law enforcement towards detained citizens.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  13. generalthade_03

I just proved it to you that you were wrong, when you accused me of coming to this thread 2 days late while defending Flynn and you just blew it off. You’re looking for a fight dude.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I could be wrong about the Flynn thread, my bad.

So why can't you answer the pertinent question.

15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

It looks that way too.

If these officers did in fact have body cams I would like to see the footage. It won't change my opinion of the suspect if he was belligerent--there's no excuse for him being dead today--but my gut's telling me these officers took a bad situation and escalated it for their own enjoyment.

Blatz likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The cop on his neck looks to be the last on the scene which is extra revolting.

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's known as or fancies himself as some sort of enforcer. I've seen a couple like that in action and it's sickening.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

It's so scary to know how many of these type of incidents got unreported over the decades before everyone and their grandmother had a camera in their pocket.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Disappointed I missed it.

Even if that were so (I'm skeptical), it's still a stark example of police brutality and abuse of power, in addition to a murder. If we had a handle on abuse of power, racism in the police force wouldn't be such a problem. "No proof of racism" isn't a hill worth capturing. What cannot be denied about this video is that sometimes cops grossly abuse the trust given to them. We need more accountability from the people who have the badge. The people who are inclined to take the cop's word, to give him the benefit of the doubt because he has to work with criminals all day, to assume that perps only got what's coming to them -- they need to be a lot more skeptical because here you can see 4 cops execute a man for no good reason.

It could be countered that there's a few bad apples and most cops wouldn't do this. And that might be true. But, the way you make bad apples is to excuse them from accountability. When you accept the cop's word as more trustworthy without evidence, when you make firings and prosecutions of cops uncommonly difficult, you create a culture of impunity and the behavior will follow.

But didn't you see how they raided Roger Stone's house with a swat team?!??! Scared the hell out of his dog!

20. edwardc

edwardc Member