1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grantlands new article gave a B to Rockets on offseason report card

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that Lakers A+ is awesome, the entertainment value of the franchise is going to be amazing, and the more they lose the better it will be, that's the genius of it.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree 100% with the Mavericks take. The more that ESPN fluffs Mavs fans, the harder their fall will be when they realize that all those old guys they dumped this offseason actually played REALLY WELL for them down the stretch last year. You don't just trade for a retread Tyson Chandler and overpay for a Chandler Parsons and tell yourself that you're all of a sudden a championship contender.

I have them missing the playoffs this year, primarily because New Orleans and Phoenix stand to make interval improvements as a function of their youth. Dallas on the other hand is experienced to the point of being stale. Those guys are going to have a hard fall this winter. Let's see how they feel about Chandler Parsons after that.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

People are going to hate us even more with tough mofos like Dorsey, Adrien, Ariza and Canaan on the team. One good thing coming out of this offseason is we became a lot tougher, and I think that will translate well.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Actually, reading the whole thing now, I agree with all of it. Rockets get a B because we got stood up at the prom but still managed to save face by getting with a pretty decent girl at the end. Heat get NO SYMPATHY FROM EVERYONE I HOPE THEY GET THE 14TH SEED FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS, but realistically they'll be too good even to get a seed that nice. It'll probably be more like 18 for the next four years hahahaha.

5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Agree with it all, especially Bulls. All this Raving about Gasol...he's good and an improvement over Boozer, but at $9 MM you didn't really address your major weaknesses. Thought they would have at least given Lance a look, and trust Thibs can control him.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I know Morey is making the smart decision by not matching Parsons and giving the Rockets the flexibility to make other moves. Morey's goal is to aim for another star but I just don't see it happening. He doesn't have the assets to trade for anyone really and I believe none of the top FA in the 2015 and 2016 class will come to Houston. That's 2 years of wasting away the windows of Howard and Harden.

I think Morey is truly obsessed with having a team with 3 stars and his opinion of winning a championship can only be accomplished by having 3 stars really clouds his judgement to making a great team. Instead, he should add good to great role players who fits the style of this team and add depth to the bench. The Rockets bench has struggled last year with Lin and Asik off the bench. This year, the Rockets bench will probably be worse than last year and again will rely heavily on the starters.

If Daryl is set on finding that 3rd star then I hope he finds a way soon. He needs to map out plan A, B, C, D and an emergency plan in case someone pulls a Bosh's move again and the Rockets are left empty handed and waste more years waiting for the next star, and the next star and the next star player to become available so he can make a pitch and hope for the best.

I don't see Morey improving this team much more so I really hope he starts to beef up our coaching staff. If the Rockets ever want to contend for a championship, they need to improve their coaching staff. All the top tier teams around the league have an outstanding group of coaches on their sidelines. Out of that, the Rockets are probably the worst compared to the top tier teams.

Having 3 stars would drastically improve our chances of winning a championship but with mediocre coaching staff, a great team with a great coaching staff can easily find ways to defeat this team. The Blazers are not as talented as Houston but their coaching staff is superior so they found ways to dismantled Houston. The playoffs are best out of 7, so if the Rockets want to compete, they need a staff that will help guide this team through a tough conference.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The alternative was keep him, continue to build chemistry with him as part of the team and then likely lose him next year anyway and have wasted another year of Dwight's prime.

8. Jt29

Jt29 Member

WORD!!!

9. MaoKhan

MaoKhan Member

guy took a dump on the Mavs, A+ article

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Missed the point. They lost Parson for nothing in return.

11. dje243

dje243 Member

Bingo

12. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Grantland has been up Morey ass for a long time. At be it is a C at worst it is D.