1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Who are the New-Age Shane Battiers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, May 2, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Someone in their thirties "new age"?:confused:

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think the Bobcats would really like to pair another 7 foot PF who can shoot next to Mullens. So i would try to trade D-Mo for Taylor. Then let Delphino and Garcia go(however). Then draft Roberson in the second round of this draft. Battiers galore

4. munco

munco Member

Really liked the article.
    And I agree that Garcia will not be back with us next year. That team option is at like $6.5 million

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's interesting that the Rockets (presumably Morey behind the scene) wanted to draft Sefolosha (not Gay) with the #8 pick if the Battier trade didn't work out. So Sefolosha is THE new age Battier.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Oh yeah, I see it now, but I wonder why his name is not in bold like the others?

I think this is what it's all about. 1-2 players who can draw a double team & can kick out + a bunch of defensive-minded players who can hit the open shot. That's the way the championship Rockets were built.

FYI, durvasa, I think you may be my favorite poster.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks for the compliment.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Every time I hear the word New Age, it reminds me of

[​IMG]

Which just happens to fit well with Battier, IMO. I don't think there is a current Battier in the NBA.

and for your enjoyment:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7wfYIMyS_dI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

If we strike out on Dwight and Paul, and we don't find anyone we like in free agency, I could see us signing Garcia to a one year deal.

The team option will be declined, but that doesn't mean he can't come back.