1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] The Irritation Game: How James Harden and the Rockets Undid LeBron and the Cavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Mar 2, 2015.

1. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Who didn't know we were the bad guys of the league?

Ill gladly take that role amd it will be a lot sweeter if we win it all

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Esp during the Playoffs

Rocket River

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol, awesome article.

A+, would read again.

4. Nero

Nero Member

People, we need to absolutely refuse to accept this 'villain' BS. it's bullying on the part of the media, and embracing that nonsense is the LAST thing we should do!

There needs to be push-back, and LOTS of it, pressing the good-guy images of our players. From Dwight on down, these are some of the most upstanding professional athletes on any team in any city.

There's not a dirty player among them, not even Beverley, who is guilty only of playing hard and with a chip on his shoulder.

When is the last time any of our players had a run-in with the law? Or was accused of any sort of violence, domestic or otherwise? T-Jones, allegedly kicking at some bum who was probably grabbing at his legs? What else?

When is the last time any of them was on the news for drugs, or for driving drunk, or for shoplifting, or having some kind of 'posse' causing problems?

I think it flies a bit under the radar, even among Houston's fans, just how much of a bunch of 'good guys' Morey has assembled here.

It is insulting and offensive for people to be trying to portray the Rockets as anything other than upstanding, 'do things the right way' guys, both on and off the court.

And we should absolutely not stand for it, at ALL.

I mean Harden was the leader of the American International squad for crying out loud! If anything, he should be held up as a role model and a top shelf American Icon of the sport!

SMH at these idiots in the media, but just as much at the people who are willing to let themselves be bullied into accepting a 'villain' role for this team.

Nothing could be further from the truth!

5. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

I can't take any journalist who uses the term *****boi to describe a player seriously.

6. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

He states in the first paragraph he hates the Rockets. So I take the whole thing as a compliment. At least he isnt blindly saying we are average like Barkley.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm pretty sure it's a college student who worships Grantland's long-form narratives and hipster rants. He probably thinks he's the next Simmons.

1 person likes this.
  8. AliefRockets713

9. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Well if the media truly wants it.....
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

It took me awhile, but I'm embracing the villain role. I don't care if everyone hates us, but they're starting to respect us.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

**** it, be the villains.

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Being hated on usually means people are jealous of success. Let's hope the haters keep on hating.

13. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

I like how according to this mouthbreathing Lebron fanboy, there were only two memorable plays Where Lebron defended James.

Never mind Lebron getting crossed out of his shoes. That's some fanboy goggles right there, just completely ignore the highlight play that happened in the exact scenario you're talking about.

http://gfycat.com/ImpeccableUnconsciousAdamsstaghornedbeetle#

Sorry I don't know how to imbed/don't care to figure out on my phone.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I understand this "embrace the hate" reaction but it's hard to accept when it's all based on a false premise.

Lebron was by far the most physical and aggressive person in that game. Harden, Beverley, Jones, Ariza, Thompson, and Mozgov (!!) were all extemely physical as wel.

15. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Bill Simmons is a ****ing DORK, GOD...

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

For the record, I'm a HUGE Lebron fan! But let's act like he was picked on all game by the mean rockets!

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

fixed

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Again, I don't mind the hate. But I hate the ignorance!

Hollinger's odds has us going 13-10 the rest of the way... Go look at our schedule and show me 10 losses! Not happening, I see about 5 or 6.

19. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

woops, I was under the impression he contributed to this column

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]
    <BR><BR><BR>
    [​IMG]