1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] The Irritation Game: How James Harden and the Rockets Undid LeBron and the Cavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Mar 2, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Media needs a narrative to talk about teams. They find it convenient to cast us as the villain/irritant while GSW are the choir boys. Simple-minded

MEM is another uninteresting team so they're cast as the gritty defensive team. SAS is the "system" team. ATL is the new favorite--they play as a team etc etc.

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

One of the biggest weaknesses in my life right now is that everytime Grantland posts another hatchet job on the Rockets I can't resist clicking it. None of the pieces calling Houston unwatchable and immoral and the cause of cancer are particularly poorly written or inaccurate, but the sheer volume of them generated by that site in the last two years is approaching parody levels.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You call that article largely complimentary? Did YOU read the article?

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Jason c is a tool...

5. rocketsmetalspd

So we are the Villians, instead of being The X-Men the team is now The Brotherhood of Mutants. I like!

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

James' agent just needs to do some more PR for his client up to the MVP vote.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm surprised Nike does so little for him.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

So this guy doesn't like the Rockets. He says that at the very beginning of his article. Of course he is going to write something that compliments the Rockets at the same time insulting them. It's all throughout that article.

So what? I don't care what he thinks.

I will say that pretty much all season the media has basically dismissed the Rockets. This is the first time I can remember seeing anyone from the national media recognize us as title contenders.

1 person likes this.
  9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

What's ironic is that lebrons Instagram post is literally the definition of f***boi

1 person likes this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

I didn't read most of the article yet but the first paragraph is a compliment towards us:

"I realized that I absolutely love rooting against this Rockets team. They are so good, so skilled, and so smart. They are worthy villains. In sports, there is no higher compliment. I would love to see them make the Finals. I’d want them to lose in the Finals, but still."

11. varughese.arun

Haters!
    I don't get it.
    I don't understand how a FAN of BASKETBALL- someone who enjoys watching an entire game, and who is not swayed by the biased story line of the media- can hate on the Rockets, and hope that we loose.
    These guys hating on the rockets are like the sheep lead to slaughter. Just going with the flow, and not forming your own opinion.
    Dwight didn't care about staying in LA to further Kobe's legacy, and made the correct decision, to leave for a better team (rockets). In turn, Kobe got "butt-hurt".
    He is still sad that Dwight had the nerve to put his own priorities before the spoiled poster child of the NBA- Kobe. He wasn't happy with being on a loosing team, so he started blaming others (Dwight, Lin, etc.). I used to be a fan Kobe. But, Instead of being thankful of the greatness he was ALLOWED, he was selfish and wanted more. Kobe, you just a bitter old man- SHUT THE F UP! The sun don't shine forever; Kobe your time is up- accept it. God don't like ugly!

12. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Just like many on here, I've embraced the hate A LONG TIME AGO. And just like us here on CFans, I decided to...

[​IMG]

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

How is that not a compliment?

1 person likes this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This wasn't a bad article even from a fully disclosed rocket hater.

More like begrudging admiration.

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

lol right? for those who didn't see it, pic is below. A sad selfie after losing to us last night. You can't make this stuff up.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. onreego

onreego Member

Dude is peanut butter and jealous.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Anyone that uses the term ****boi is a ****ing idiot. That is all.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The fact that they hate us shows that we're relevant. I'll take that over the years of irrelevancy in the pre-Harden years

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Usually I just ignore stuff like this but this bothers me. Really Rockets are now the villians because the Harden makes a very bad decision, which I agree is worthy of a suspension, but when else has he done stuff like that. Compare that to the Cavs whose star is one who made a national event out of screwing that organization over and then had the gall to make another national event out of coming back when he realized the cast in Miami were getting too old to win another championship. Then there's Kevin Love whose been making great strides in asshatery both on and off the court.

Maybe because I'm a life long Rockets fan but this is an organization built on the motto of "Stay Humble, Stay Hungry". Two of our icons are Hakeem Olajuwon and Yao Ming who are noted for both their great on court play and also for being very decent human beings in general.

Yes Harden lost his cool and Beverly plays in your face irritating D but this is what villiany looks like:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the ultimate evil
    [​IMG]

20. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Love netw3rk's twitter account. He posted this, so I can't be too mad:

[​IMG]